How recycling works

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

How recycling works

Postby MrC » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 am

Many of us have tons of baby paraphernalia just lying about unused after our children have either grown out of it or simply just got tired of it. Why keep it in the attic till they're 37 :roll:. Every time you recycle something, it's one less thing that has to be manufactured and as a result a very good thing for our planet. :D

When you want to offer something to be Recycled:

Simply post the article in "Offers"

When you want to ask for something someone may be willing to recycle:

Simply post the article in "Wanted"

If you find something you want, just reply to the post saying something like:

"I'll take it, thank you very much you lovely person"

and arrange between yourselves how the object will be delivered.

If your object has been taken by someone, please add TAKEN to the title of the first post. Makes it easier for everyone. :D

Please don't claim excessive amounts of items in a short period of time. Anyone doing so will be held to be not acting in the spirit in which the objects were offered. This may result in a suspension of privilege from Treecycle. If you feel your object has been claimed by someone doing this, please do tell us about it. There is also no requirement to send to the first claimant especially if you feel someone else is more deserving / needy.

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: How recycling works

Postby jennyjanesharp » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 pm

This is a greeeaaat idea! Freecycle's good,but not kiddy specific, and a lot of peopl eactally don't know abou it.

I've been trying to set up somehting lik this for a while (in my local area, we cal it a clothes swap) , and i'm SO pleased it's appeared on here :hug:

:D :D :D :D

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:57 pm

:oops: I feel crappy saying this but I keep noticing it, i dont mean to be rude and I've had a few bits off of here myself but I've really noticed someone hogging treecycle, surely it cant be right to post on everything being offered, obviously some people want to try things out cheaply and I'm one of the many skint people out there too but I personally feel rude asking for too much (especially as at the moment I cant put anything on there). Other people deserve bits too, it's a shared thing so surely it's not right taking everything, i dont know if im being unfair or if i have any right to say anything but it doesnt seem right, especially when they've made no posts on anything else :|
Tell me if I'm wrong!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 pm

smilinglou wrote::oops: I feel crappy saying this but I keep noticing it, i dont mean to be rude and I've had a few bits off of here myself but I've really noticed someone hogging treecycle, surely it cant be right to post on everything being offered, obviously some people want to try things out cheaply and I'm one of the many skint people out there too but I personally feel rude asking for too much (especially as at the moment I cant put anything on there). Other people deserve bits too, it's a shared thing so surely it's not right taking everything, i dont know if im being unfair or if i have any right to say anything but it doesnt seem right, especially when they've made no posts on anything else :|
Tell me if I'm wrong!

If you've noticed something like this going on please report it to the moderators and we will investigate and act accordingly as needed.

I will look into this.

Thankyou.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Thank you, I thought I should say something, not sure how to report though?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 am

Smilinglou, I had noticed the same thing...its litteraly everything in every post...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 am

smilinglou wrote:Thank you, I thought I should say something, not sure how to report though?

Either PM a mod or click on the report button at the top right of one of the users posts.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:13 am

totally know who your talking about, she must stalk the place, she gets EVERYTHING before you even see it and as soon as you advertise something she pms you :x whats more annoying is she's not even posting on here ever, her posts are 0

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:50 pm

We've added the following above to help prevent possible abuse:

Please don't claim excessive amounts of items in a short period of time. Anyone doing so will be held to be not acting in the spirit in which the objects were offered. This may result in a suspension of privilege from Treecycle. If you feel your object has been claimed by someone doing this, please do tell us about it. There is also no requirement to send to the first claimant especially if you feel someone else is more deserving / needy.

Please don't feel bad about saying something, but could I ask anybody who finds possible problems to please PM or email us instead of posting about it on the forum. We don't get the chance to read everything so contacting us is the only way to ensure that your problem is heard and to give us the chance to act on it.

Next

Return to Treecycle Offered