hf1

Dr Seuss - where have you been all my life?!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Dr Seuss - where have you been all my life?!

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 am

Iris adores Dr Seuss. She particularly loves The Sneetches. Oh, and Hop on Pop, as she can read it herself. (She can 'read' most of ours, as she's memorised them. :giggle: But she actually can read Hop on Pop.) I like Oh, The Places You'll Go! - Kid, you'll move mountains!

Of that set, we have:

The Cat in the Hat
Fox in Socks
Green Eggs and Ham
Dr Seuss's A B C
Oh, The Places You'll Go!
There's A Wocket in My Pocket
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back

Iris would recommend all of them. :) She's also into the newer Dr Seuss - the 'The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That' learning library series. So we have a couple of those books, too.

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

There's a lovely one that's much ignored as it never seems to get into the box sets. It's called "Are You my mother?" and is about a litle baby bird who falls out of his nest and goes looking for his mother. Absolutely lovely to read to your little ones at bedtime.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Awwww we had that one as kids actually and you've just reminded me of it. I loved it. Are you sure it's Dr Seuss?

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Ah, a check
In the bookcase and quick google says it was written by PD Eastman, who wikiepedia says was "one of Dr Seuss's protegees".
It was published as a "beginner reading book" by the Dr Seuss brand and had a little cat in the hat on the cover which is why it sort of comes
Under the Seuss banner. Great book anyway!

Previous

Return to Book Club