Ladies, I think I'm obsessed!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Ladies, I think I'm obsessed!

Postby Mareth » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:15 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

When I was over in the UK I borrowed the Twilight and New Moon DVDs from my sister and sat and watched them one night. Thought they were pretty good so I went and bought the books :shock:

OH MY GOODNESS!!! They are unputdownable! I just can't stop myself reading them, I'm spending every night from about 8pm (when Rhys goes to bed :giggle: ) until I go to bed, just reading. I spent almost 3 hours reading the other morning when Rhys was in creche (and I should have been cleaning :oops: ). Watched the first film again on Thursday night too, once I'd finished reading the first book.

Quite honestly, I'm amazed it's taken me until now to bother getting the books, I'm SUCH a vampire obsessive, and I'll read any books with vampires in them, it all started at school with Anne Rice's books :giggle: . I think the whole teenage madness that seemed to go along with every mention of Twilight put me off, but I'm so glad that I eventually got over that and picked up the books the other day in asda.

They're FAB! Of course, it helps a little that Edward is so bloomin' gorgeous :lookround: but it does make me feel a bit like a dirty old woman. I'm scared to wiki Robert Pattinson and find out just how old (or young) he is :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Ladies, I think I'm obsessed!

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:20 pm

older than you think

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm

:oops: :oops: I just checked, he's 24. That's reasonable, the age difference is less than between me and DH! :hohoho: And if you add on another 90 odd years, then it's totally ok :mrgreen:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Oh and i got nthe first book for mothers day, read it in a couple of days, then had to drag all the kids straight out to get the next 2 which were finished withing the week

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:22 pm

why did i think he was older than that, i prefer jacob, he's definately too young

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Nah, definitely a vampire girl here. Wolves do nothing for me :lol:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm

when you have finished get yourself the True blood books. I read through the first 9 of them in a fortnight, couldn't put them down :D

If you get desperate try the Vampire diarys (I am finding them a bid on the ridiculous side tbh!)

and a new series called the Morganville vampires (I have the first 6 but not started reading them yet!)

Jan x

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:28 pm

I've just read all the books in the last month. I hadn't even watched the films first but I have now! I really enjoyed the books and couldn't put them down either :D

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:08 pm

oh twilght, droooool. I have edward as my screen saver. :giggle: I can't put the books down either and I was a saddo and went to watch eclipse alone. 3 times :oops:

Next

Return to Book Club