hf1

Growth spurt=gaping thighs and a lot of washing.help!

My avatar
csbochan
Clothie
Clothie

Growth spurt=gaping thighs and a lot of washing.help!

Postby csbochan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 pm

argghh...having a slight mare as my LO's just had a bit of a growth spurt and now pretty much all her nappies leak :x
We've been thru this before when she was much younger and as far as I remember it kinda resolved itself in time. I'm hoping this does, too.
We have a mix of BG, Easyfits, BBSS, Real Easys, and Pop Ins. All used to be fine, altho the Easyfits don't last her long - she can pee for England! :roll:
Now only the Real Easys are failproof,and sometimes the Pop Ins. All the others gape at the thigh and no matter how I try to adjust the fit, or the boosting inside, nothing seems to make them fit so far.
Does anyone have any tips???
I also often find (when we get leaks) that the boosters are only wet on one edge - as if she's power-weeing and directing it out the side of the nappy :hohoho: (altho I'm starting to not find this so funny!) whilst the rest of the booster is bone dry. Do we just need to potty train???? (nooooooo!!!) LO's 21mths now.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Growth spurt=gaping thighs and a lot of washing.help!

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 pm

if you think she is ready to pt then give it a go, you will soon find out if she isn't.
What do you boost your easyfits with? You should try fitteds and wool :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Growth spurt=gaping thighs and a lot of washing.help!

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Unfortunately pockets can stop working around that age where the child is holding on and then floods the nappy in one go. I have heard of people switching to fitteds because of it as they just cannot get pockets to be reliable enough. It does sound more like a fit issue rather than an absorbency one though if the inserts aren't saturated all over when you take the nappies off. There's not much you can do about that either though really other than buying new nappies.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies