My nappies seem to keep leaking.

My avatar
gill51971
Clothie
Clothie

My nappies seem to keep leaking.

Postby gill51971 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:01 pm

hi all :widesmile:
I recently decided to try reusables and i love them, however even though i have washed them per manufacturers instructions they always seem to leak and im just wondering if any of you ladies know where im going wrong, not only that im yet to find a nappy liner that does not crease and leave poo all over nappy itself. i was using mothercare disposeable nappy pads and they were great but now i cant find any and the new flip ones are a lot more expensive....

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: My nappies seem to keep leaking.

Postby KimmyM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 pm

I answered in your hello post. What pockets are you having issues with?

My avatar
gill51971
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gill51971 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 pm

I use some pocket ones i got from ebay, i also have some totsbots aio which are fine.. The ebay ones were a lot cheaper but the 1st time i used them overnight with just 1 insert they were fine. x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Are they leaking out the side or are the inserts completely sodden?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:24 pm

What inserts do they come with? If its just one mf insert then that may be the problem. Most people cannot get away with just using that on its own during the day let alone all night. I'd stick to using the cheapies during the day only and either add some bamboo or hemp underneath the mf or both or just ditch the mf completely and just use bamboo with hemp underneath. For overnight if you want to stick with pockets get a fleece outer Minky pocket and stuff with lots of bamboo and hemp.

My avatar
gill51971
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gill51971 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:43 pm

he does drink an awful lot and you can guarantee that the inserts are soaked through sometimes within an hour other times he can last 3, like i said it wasnt an issue when i used the disposeable inserts they seemed to soak up an awful lot but i dont really want to be shelling money out on a weekly basis afterall thats why i changed from pampers... x so are hemp more absorbant as all my inserts are either terry or microfibre. ive also tried using plastic pants but dont really like them he is a sweaty baby as it is... xlol. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes hemp is very absorbent but doesn't absorb quickly so you'll need bamboo or similar on top. Bamboo is more absorbent than cotton. Personally it sounds like you need to get rid of the mf completely and buy bamboo and hemp. P'tit Dessous bamboo inserts with hemp underneath are my favourite combination but they are expensive. A cheaper option would be Easy peasy bamboo with Easy Peasy hemp underneath. So for the cheaper option I'd probably get these and these.

My avatar
gill51971
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gill51971 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:48 pm

HI...
just wanted to say thanks, bought some bamboo & hemp, still waiting on the hemp inserts but ive been giving the others a good washing... really appreciate the advice. x :thumbsup:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Hope they solve the problem for you.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies