hf1

Out peeing pockets!

My avatar
rosiesnappies
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Out peeing pockets!

Postby rosiesnappies » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Will go have another look in classifieds, couldn't find anything the other day! Unfortunately DH really struggles with 2 parters :roll: you would think by now he would manage it, but he's a pockets only guy - even when he knows she's just downed a beaker of water and will be saturated in seconds!!

The LL boosters didn't make much of a differenc , lasted a bit longer but not great. Think her bladder can hold a lot as sometimes she's completely dry and then does a mega pee. She filled a disposable in an hour this morn (I'd given up after getting through 5 vests yesterday - which are huge and baggy so not compression). Ho hum off to stalk classifieds - just need a PP tree.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:48 pm

rosiesnappies wrote:Unfortunately DH really struggles with 2 parters :roll:

One option to consider is fitted nappies & wool. You put the nappy on & put on a pair of wool trousers over them & bobs your uncle. Husband proof!

Second option is to switch out the inserts altogether. I have a super wetter & I use bumgenius shells with a double bamboo insert (petit dessous are best) & a easy peasy hemp booster underneath. Definitely the best insert combination for pockets

Didn't really word that really well. You obviously have a baby that is a heavier wetter & the above options are good for heavy wetters & wool works well for dads too

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

I use a blueberry one size insert with and easy peaty hemp booster in my bumgenius.

If you want to try fitteds and wool then I've got some you longies you could borrow. You could drop round next week and have a look at my ridiculously huge stash of girly stuff that I haven't got round to listing since lily potty trained 6 months ago.

Eta I've probably got some you can have

@rosiesnappies
Last edited by queen bee on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:06 pm

queen bee wrote:I use a blueberry one size insert with and easy peaty hemp booster in my bumgenius.

That's a good idea as the blueberry one size inserts are bamboo aren't they? Think I have one lying around somewhere that I can part with.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

monsterm wrote:
queen bee wrote:I use a blueberry one size insert with and easy peaty hemp booster in my bumgenius.

That's a good idea as the blueberry one size inserts are bamboo aren't they? Think I have one lying around somewhere that I can part with.

No , well mine are microfiber and hemp I think. But I find them a great combo when combined with either ep hemp booster or ll bamboo booster

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Little lamb bamboo fitteds are pretty absorbant and you can pick them up quite cheap but DD did outgrow the rise quickly. Our fave everyday workhorse type fitted were totsbots stretchies, slim and very easy to put on. we also had some fnS heavy wetter fitteds which i liked but DH couldnt get the hang of sidesnaps. As the others have said wool is great for making fitteds dadproof and good for heavy wetters.

I must admit when DD started power weeing i switched all of our stash to organic flips which we loved and have kept for DC2.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

queen bee wrote:
monsterm wrote:

No , well mine are microfiber and hemp I think. But I find them a great combo when combined with either ep hemp booster or ll bamboo booster

I'm pretty sure mine is bamboo but it's ancient so goodness only knows.

My avatar
rosiesnappies
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby rosiesnappies » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Totally forgot I've got some BB inserts, will get them out the loft. Had them for our weenotion pockets, but they were too boyish for Lottie. The petit dessou ones are about a fiver a time by the looks of it - eek!

I tried the LL nappies for Sam but found them way too bulky. I have very skinny tiny babies that pee alot!!!

How does wool work with slings and car seats etc, do they end up damp? I've never really fancied wool tbh, but would be willing to give it a try if you don't mind QueenBee, that would be really kind :D Next week is a bit manic, but we're free thurs pm or fri morn?

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies