hf1

Baby Kangas - any experience/recommendations/etc?

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Baby Kangas - any experience/recommendations/etc?

Postby elena » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

All of a sudden i find myself with a stash of Baby Kangas one size pocket nappies (I do not think they are the newest models but I am not sure as I do not have them yet). They come with Bumgenius One-Size Microfiber inserts (one nappy each) and a few Bumgenius microfiber doublers (for half of the nappies). All new/unused/unwashed etc.

Can please Baby Kanga owner (if we have any here) share your experiences? Does this configuration sound adequate? Do you have any tips for using them? I guess I need to prewash everything before using for the first time.

Also, I am a total bamboo fan and was hoping to find some good inserts/liners made of it - do you think Little Lamb is the best price vs quality? Is there a market for second-hand bamboo bits?

Cheers! :wink:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Baby Kangas - any experience/recommendations/etc?

Postby lazylexis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm

I find the little lamb bamboo size 2s too thin but found size 1 good for boosting rather than as inserts. I prefer easy peasy bamboo or ptit dessous bamboo with easy peasy hemp underneath.
No experience of baby kangas tho.

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:44 am

Thank you! I have been online non-stop this week as I discovered (luckily in time) RNW12 is taking place.
I have some very good ideas about what is available and how to use what. Got some P'tits Dessous (spelling?) size 2 inserts and biodegradable/washable/flushable liners. I am almost set to go!!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 am

Hi, I haven't any experience of baby kangas but so far as inserts are concerned, I stuff all of my pockets with 2 little lamb bamboo boosters, one on top of the other, it works perfectly for us.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies