hf1

Large chunky toddler - HELP !

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Large chunky toddler - HELP !

Postby Tmc123 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi there, just wondering if any of you ladies can help me. My little man is almost 18 months, he is wearing age 2-3 tops and 18-24 m trousers and weighs 33lbs already. I have used a variety of nappy brands and styles over his lifetime ( I am a self confessed nappy addict) but ive recently settled to using BTP pockets as he is raher chunky and these are the only style that are slim enough so that i can get his legs into any kind of trousers.

The problem is that he has now outgrown just about all of these ( bum genius and tots bots pockets, as well as large sizes in smart nappies, itti bitty d'lish, and weenotions ss, he outgrew close parent pop ins at 8 months ) and the only thing I can still squeeze him into is some cheap eBay ones. The problem is that while these are great in the house they're not absorbent or reliable enough for using when we're out and about, so I'm having to revert to disposables when we go out which I really don't want to do.

Don't think we've got long left in these either as theyre starting to leave welts around his waist, so I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on finding something reliable and large enough so that it will see us through to potty training. its really difficult to gauge the sizes and I don't want to make any costly mistakes at this stage, Don't want to spend too much so will hopefully be able to pick up preloved ones to try.

Thanks in advance

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Large chunky toddler - HELP !

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Not sure but maybe @dawnsmummy might be able to help, STAC WHERE ARE YOU xx

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 pm

My 18month lad is fairly chunky too. I bought some Lollipop Pop'n'gro size 2 nappies and he is still wearing them poppered down. I don't get on with the microfiber that it comes with so use different inserts but they look like the rise will last a looong time, much bigger than the V4 BG nappies we have.

I also bought a couple of Thirsties pocket nappies during RNW and he also gets away with them poppered down one (just). Still room to grow there too but I would say the Lollipop ones are a bit bigger.

HTH

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 am

Apparently real easy nappies are very generous. Dd is 11 months and weighed 26lb a month ago. Her BG only just fit and she has outgrown lots of btp. I'm mostly using fitteds at the moment though so not much help. Oh - I do love happy heiny pockets - they are nice and big :-)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 am

I have a pretty large Monkey Doodlez, no idea how good it is as it was a friends, but it's very big. You can have it FFP if you want, just pm me x

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

Thank you everyone that's really helpful, have been pondering over the pop n grow but it's so hard to tell the size and darent waste any more money or my DH will kill me lol. definitely better to go from other people's experiences. Thank you for the kind offer miss_ purple will pm you if I can work out how to lol

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies