My WNSS are still leaking?

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

My WNSS are still leaking?

Postby emmab16 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello

I bought a couple of WNSS and am having problems as they are wicking around the legs. I pre-washed them in detergetn as recommended & then washed them again a couple of times with v. little detergent,

I'm not sure why they're not working (I've been using fitteds before for daytime but wanted a slimmer option too)

:wave:
Last edited by emmab16 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My WNSS are leaking?

Postby Scotia » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 pm

What are you using to stuff them?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 pm

What is the inner made of? My cuddlesoft inner ones always wick if not popped in the tumble drier for a few minutes before first use. I've no idea why but it worked for us! It may well be that the stuffing you are using isn't right for you as Eleanor says so you might need to experiment with it a bit.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Scotia wrote:What are you using to stuff them?

I have the 6 layer WN insert - microfibre & bamboo, and it was wet but not soaked when I changed her

Louise wrote:What is the inner made of? My cuddlesoft inner ones always wick if not popped in the tumble drier for a few minutes before first use. I've no idea why but it worked for us! It may well be that the stuffing you are using isn't right for you as Eleanor says so you might need to experiment with it a bit.

cuddlesoft! - will try your tumble trick :)

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: My WNSS are still leaking?

Postby emmab16 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I tried the tumble drier trick, put her in one of them this morning & it leaked very quickly around one of her legs, so I guess it must be a fit issue. They are a lot narrower in the crotch than the bumbles I have been using for ages. Any ideas ladies?

thanks

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 pm

maybe you could try stuffing it with something else aswell :) mine always leaked when i used the WN insert but they are great if i stuff them with a petit de sous bamboo insert (?sp)

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm

emsy wrote:maybe you could try stuffing it with something else aswell :) mine always leaked when i used the WN insert but they are great if i stuff them with a petit de sous bamboo insert (?sp)

could be an idea I have some little lamb bamboo & easy peasy hemp boosters I could try..... gutted if they don't work!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:39 am

Silly question but how many times have you washed the insert?
I sometimes pop a microfiber booster on top of the inner worked for DS. I have to say I do get wicking with DD, but as she is usually in dresses and bare legs at home so it dosent matter so I haven't bothered much I have just bought some PD inserts but they have only web washed about 5 times so can't comment on them yet.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 am

Tbh I always found that my WNSS leaked on DD, no matter what inserts I used :-(

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies