hf1

Which inserts?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Which inserts?

Postby Rox » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 pm

So, when Scarlett was in nappies i used Blueberry OS combo and GK double bamboo. I used to boost with mostly GK single bamboo, EP hemp and the odd terry booster

It seems these arent really that easy to get hold of / arent the going inserts so, what are? What is everyone using these days? I dont need too many but i need at least 3 inserts for WNOS nappies and some boosters. I dont really like the trifold insert kind (i know WN do their own) as i found them a bit 'middle of the nappy' and bulky, i prefer a flat, layered or shaped one.

Also, charcoal? Whats all that about then, advantages?

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Which inserts?

Postby flossyfly » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm

I think Charcoal is just good for smells. Its a natural odour eater and is what is inside odour eater foot pad. Some people think they are more absorbant but I dont but I havent used them myself.
Cant help you with which inserts to use really. I use issy bear inserts in lots of nappies, flip inserts, EP hemp and homemade.

:wave:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

We used greenkids or 1or 2 easy peasy bamboo with 1 easy peasy hemp or ptit dessous with easy peasy hemp.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 pm

petit dessous and EP hemp, oww prefolds are great for stuffing as well x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:21 pm

If you want to borrow anything, I have loads of PD inserts, EP hemp boosters & EP bamboo boosters going un-used because pockets not working for Emmet right now. I will try again when he's older though, hence the loan! @Rox

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for the offer hun, I've had a read and the reviews of the PD inserts are great so happy to get a few to try. I still have lots of EP hemp & 1 GK bamboo booster so just need the inserts really and only need a couple so will buy.

Thank you though xx

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 pm

I found the PD boosters great for absorbancy - but they tended to move about too much in our pockets and end up scrunched up to the side.
I preferred our blueberry combo ones - such a chame you can't get them now :(

@rox I know you said you didn't like trifold ones - but the flip organic cotton ones are fab! Really absorbant, and they lie flat brilliantly.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 pm

docmaggoo wrote:I found the PD boosters great for absorbancy - but they tended to move about too much in our pockets and end up scrunched up to the side.
I preferred our blueberry combo ones - such a chame you can't get them now :(

@rox I know you said you didn't like trifold ones - but the flip organic cotton ones are fab! Really absorbant, and they lie flat brilliantly.

@docmaggoo - you can still get the sized BB combo ones at babykind.co.uk x

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:47 pm

GK Double, Little Lamb Bamboo & home made Zorb are a winning combo for us

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies