hf1

Pocket help please

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Pocket help please

Postby macmomo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

I know there's lots of threads about which pocket nappy is best, but I need some recommendations for the specific snap of my dd.

At 19 months she's quite tall and very skinny - still on the tightest snaps for BBSS Large and BBOS (we get a better fit with the applix BBOS because she has such skinny thighs). We are using TB easy fits, boosted with various, but she's weeing through them with one giant wee (also nursery seem to forget to change her every 2 hrs sometimes).

But we also need the nappies to be not too bulky as she has a whole wardrobe of trousers for the next 6 months that she won't fit in otherwise!

So - trim but absorbent for the skinny toddler? She wee'd through itty bitties when she was smaller in the small sizes, and bambooties in medium. Forget the cost, what's the best?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Pocket help please

Postby little1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi, it's tricky when they start holding their wee as they do tend to flood any nappy they are wearing. Not sure what you are stuffing your pockets with but microfibre soaks up fluid really fast so is an ideal top layer but isnt that absorbant so will need hemp or bamboo underneath. I know at this stage tho some people either switch to fitted nappies or sposies until LO starts potty training. We were quite lucky with DD as she started using the potty shortly after she started flooding nappies at 22 months.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 pm

It's the TB easy fits that she's mostly out seeing - AIOs (bamboo) and I add either a TB bamboo booster, a LL bamboo booster or cut up bamboo terries. I know what you mean about the MF absorbing the wee quicker but I don't think that's the problem, I think it's sheer quantity of wee and if I boost them any more they'll just be too huge.

I should say I'm happy to have AIO or AI2s or pockets, I should probably have posted this in the more general forum, sorry!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 pm

We use LL bamboo or EP hemp in our Easyfits. I think the V3s are possibly more absorbant than the V2s, but not 100% sure on that. Have you tried zorb boosters? Zorb is apparantly v absorbant without being so bulky (I think!).

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:44 pm

The best boosters i have EVER tried were part of a non-pocket nappy (fitted) called little gumnut all hours. I have been told @louise that these are sold seperately. They are awesome-really small and super duper absorbant as designed for night nappies. A few of these might help you not have to buy loads of new pockets x

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:52 pm

thanks, I'll try to get hold of some of those boosters. Are the WN AIO/AI2 very absorbent?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies