hf1

ever heard of coolababy nappies - update!

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

ever heard of coolababy nappies - update!

Postby Cherylw » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of coolababy pocket nappies?

My sister is pregnant at the mo - and also wants to use pocket nappies when baby Jake arrives, and has been looking at wonderoo's and has bought a few off ebay.
I was just browsing ebay to see if i could see anything else at a good price for her and came accross quite a few for coolababy - they are a poppered BTP pocket - in several colours. The feedback seems good - and someone even quoted them as 'a poppered bumgenius' I just wondered whether to advise her to get some - as she doesn't have a lot of money for the initial outlay - and these are a really good price! (£77 for 24 & £20p&P or 48 for £156) coming from China and Macau.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-New-Coolababy-One-Size-Cloth-Diapers-with-inserts_W0QQitemZ220285469007QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220285469007&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Cheers,
Cheryl
Last edited by Cherylw on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: ever heard of coolababy nappies

Postby babyroo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I've never heard of them before.

TBH I'd be a bit cautious ordering that many, especially of an unknown nappy - plus if they get stopped by customs they won't be as cheap as they look.

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:05 pm

mmm - thats what i was thinking! :?

I was wondering whether to buy a 4 pack to see how we get on with them first before i recommend them - and having a look on hm revenues and custom to see how much customs may cost!

I've also emailed a couple of people who have left feedback on ebay about 2 weeks ago - to see how they are getting on with them now! hope they reply!

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Well I managed to get 2 coolababy nappies with 4 inserts for £6.99 and £5.99 postage from a different seller, so will see if they are any good then! the feedback was all positive again! so fingers crossed! I've gone for Orange and Purple!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:01 am

That is certainly good value, you will have to let us know how you get on

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Hello,

Well these nappies arrived on Wednesday, though my computer was playing up so i couldn't post an update.
They were well packaged - the seller had written gift - value $5 on the customs form. When i opened the package there was a nice little zip up bag that the nappies came in with two microfibre inserts each - 2 thin, 2 thick.

They fit Charlotte really well, looked very nicely made and lasted as well as my bumgenius - even witholding nasty weaning carrot pooh (sorry if TMI!!) They go down as small & up as large as a bum genius in both waist and rise -and i honestly have no complaints whatsoever! They have both had a couple of washes and have washed really well. The inner fleece is lovely and soft - and it is quite a slim nappy - with a good sized pocket for stuffing!

I took them round to show my sister the other day - and we compared them to her wonderoos - and She preferred them to the wonderoo's! The wonderoo's seem massive - even on the smallest setting. So she is going to go ahead and buy some of these - without customs they work out at £5 per nappy including 2 inserts! but she'll put money to one side for customs just in case.

Here are some piccies (although my camera broke so i borrowed my mums so the colours don't look as bright as they actually are! in reality they are very bright orange and purple!)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: ever heard of coolababy nappies - update!

Postby Annette » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:19 pm

They look a nice trim fit and good value too

Charlotte looks very cute in them :D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 pm

They look like a really trim nappy and so well priced too! And Charlotte looks sooo cute :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:19 pm

They look very nice, great model too. :-)

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies