hf1

Changing applix BGs to snaps - can it be done?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Changing applix BGs to snaps - can it be done?

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 am

sugarmouse wrote:Well I've done 9 out of 12. I got the size smaller than they use on the nappies but aside from that all is well. The littlest one can still undo the new snaps though so might have to replace with the next size up. Unfortunately none of the tutorials I found suggested the correct size to use - or not that I could see. I used a rumparooz nappy as a template. But yes, the pliers etc. are a very useful tool. I keep seeing things to add snaps to. The only thing is that you are left with so many of the stud bits compared to the socket bit with doing these nappies.

@sugarmouse how did you go? Did you get them finished? It is a pain having lots of one set left but they are pretty cheap and better to keep being able to use your nappies!

labbiefan wrote:What size kam snaps are the best I need to do my stash of bg!

@labbiefan
I have a size 16 and 20 set for my machine and I think I've only bought the bigger size 20 ones which I think are what is recommended for nappies. The 16 is better for CSP.

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 am

Thank you @clothmama x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 am

labbiefan wrote:Thank you @clothmama x

You're welcome :)

My avatar
sugarmouse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sugarmouse » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I got on quite well thanks but I ruin out of steam so still have a few left to do. I've found I haven't quite pressed them in propyl in places, the second row down is the trickiest, so a couple of snaps have come off in the wash :/

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies