Tips needed

My avatar
mummylouisex
Clothie
Clothie

Tips needed

Postby mummylouisex » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi,
Completely new to cloth nappies!I want to cloth my19mo and newborn (once he shows his face)
How many do you think ill need?
Where can I get a car nappy? My lb keeps asking for one with cars on?
Best way to wash them?
Do you need a bucket to keep them in?
Sorry for all the qs tia x

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Tips needed

Postby Slebro » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi :wave: I'm not sure how many you'd need for 2, (am expecting my second child and need to get more myself) but for 1 I've got about 16 that I add to with terries when ds is weeing lots or I'm behind with the washing :roll: ... I'm wondering about getting another 10 or 15 M, L or OS, plus some smalls for the first few months. Your littlie won't really fit in the nappies for your toddler for a while (although I started ds in one size nappies really early as we can't afford to buy each size, and his cloth bum was huge!) so getting some smaller nappies for them to start might be a good idea.

I know that wahms who use fleece or do embroidery will have car nappies, and think I've seen some on Snuggleblanks (they're on fb) if you wanted to look there? There are people on here with a much better idea than me where to get pretty nappies though - all mine are fairly generic so I'm not that sure where might have them!

Good luck getting the nappy stash underway :D

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh and I use a bucket with a clippy lid to keep them in till I wash them. There's loads of info on here about washing them, but in general: remember to put solids in the loo, use a lot less powder and rinse till there aren't any bubbles. Easy!

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:03 am

The bum voyage prints from Tots Bots have vehicles on them (taxis, buses, cars), but not just cars. Pretty sure there are car prints in the weenotions collection of prints too, but not the cheapest way of doing it.

You could try posting in the 'wanted' section of classifieds, maybe?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies