Close Parent bamboo Popins

My avatar
Nappy_Addict
Clothie
Clothie

Close Parent bamboo Popins

Postby Nappy_Addict » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 am

Hi
I'm new to the forum & cloth nappies so thought I would ask some advice. My littley Elijah is 11 weeks & we've been using preloved tots bots fluffles & flexitots which are working well. I have an chance to buy some close patent bamboo pop ins that have only been used couple of times for about £4.50 each with all the boosters. I know they are BTP but having not used them I'd love some advice. Price wise I thought this was great - any thoughts. My lo is a chunky boy already at 16lbs whether that makes a difference. Any advice would be greatly appreciated x Kelly

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Close Parent bamboo Popins

Postby sim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:13 pm

I've not used them so can't advise on them specifically.

I do know lots of people (including me) find BTP nappies aren't really BTP - babies change shape as they grow so a style that suited at 3 months won't necessarily work at 9 months or 15 months. If you are ok with that then they could be worth a try. Have you checked the review section or cloth nappy chat for info? If you use the search function at the top quite a few positive comments come up.

Hopefully someone who has used pop ins will be along soon with some better info.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Aaagh just lost long post on phone- short answer is we've only tried new bamboo pop ins, also have had a dream Dri for a long time. New bamboo pop ins are really good for my ds1, and have gusseted leg hikes which is great for a constipated/suddenly very much not constipated child! We can easily get 3 or 4 hours from it and I wouldn't panic if he naps in it. If he was still having real naps! Pop ins seem small to me for a btp but I've managed to fit them on ds1 from 3 months or so to now at 27mm months. They're a bit low rise now.

Velcro on the old version dream Dri is really weak and curly but the new version Velcro seems much better :)

HTh a bit?

ETA: leg holes!! Honestly. ... I read what I'm typing when I'm on the laptop so why on earth don't I do it on my phone?!

My avatar
Nappy_Addict
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Nappy_Addict » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks Sim & Slebro, always good to have advice. I picked them up yesterday afternoon & so far they look pretty good. They have 2 bamboo pop-in boosters attached & came with the additional 3-layered big boosters for night time. I'm a little skeptical, as you mentioned, about them going to potty size.They are a couple of years old but have never been used so Velcro & elastics excellent. Rrp was £256 I paid £70 so kinda bit their arm off for them & will boost my stash. I also wanted to try some other brands without forking out loads. The reviews were quite positive so will use & write my own maybe. Thanks again Kelly

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi
We have been using them on our little one since 9 months (when he came out of size 1 LL and Sandies). He is now 31 months old and fit fine. He is quite tall for his age and sit just on his belly button. We use them full time have around 28 of them but not at night time (Bumbles for night).

I bought all of mine second hand and the velcro and elastics are still very good.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies