hf1

New weenotions pockets - custom slots up!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: New weenotions pockets - custom slots up!!

Postby rhead » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Anybody have an opinion on the new SS pockets yet? Mine arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it yet, and as DD's impetigo infection has come back and I've had to put her back on antibiotics (noooooo!!!!!!!) we won't be trying it for at least a week. First impression is that it's HUGE! It looks like a completely different nappy. Will post some comparison photos in the photo section if no one has done yet (off to see...).

Anyway, just wondering what you all think. :mrgreen:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:22 pm

rhead wrote: Will post some comparison photos in the photo section if no one has done yet (off to see...).

Yes please!

I haven't bought one for Isabelle as we're only doing night pockets now but will probably splurge on some for bump later down the line :)

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:34 pm

rhead wrote:Anybody have an opinion on the new SS pockets yet? Mine arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it yet, and as DD's impetigo infection has come back and I've had to put her back on antibiotics (noooooo!!!!!!!) we won't be trying it for at least a week. First impression is that it's HUGE! It looks like a completely different nappy. Will post some comparison photos in the photo section if no one has done yet (off to see...).

Anyway, just wondering what you all think. :mrgreen:

Hmmm...well I have a couple of large pockets. Not really sure what to think to be honest. They're beautifully made but not a very good fit sadly. :( I do like the fact that they are higher in the rise than the last style but I find it very hard to fasten them at the sides as the 'tabs' are very short. If the tabs went round the sides a bit further I think they would be fine.

They're also more gapey at the legs than the other ones. I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep my two as I find them really awkward to use compared to the older ones I have. I can see them being left at the back of the shelf which would be a real shame as they're lovely looking nappies.

Bit disappointed really. I liked the other style a lot, they fitted Cole brilliantly. It would be interesting to know why the design was changed so dramatically.

Helen xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:32 am

I was wondering whether I should have gotten (should get? :wink:) a medium for Lili instead of a large... I'm sure she'll grow into it if it doesn't fit too well now - she's only 12 months so we've got a long way to go in nappies yet! Maybe Cole will too? I'm sure people will bite your hands off to try them if you do decide to sell though (might have a look myself :mrgreen:). Will try to get photos up in a bit, just need to get DH off the other computer. :?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:27 am

rhead wrote:I was wondering whether I should have gotten (should get? :wink:) a medium for Lili instead of a large... I'm sure she'll grow into it if it doesn't fit too well now - she's only 12 months so we've got a long way to go in nappies yet! Maybe Cole will too? I'm sure people will bite your hands off to try them if you do decide to sell though (might have a look myself :mrgreen:). Will try to get photos up in a bit, just need to get DH off the other computer. :?

A medium would never have fitted him. I am struggling to do the waist up on the second tightest poppers as the tabs don't go round very far but if I do them on the next set along the waist is far too loose on him.

Still dithering about what to do with them. If I sell them I need to replace them quickly as I don't have enough pockets yet in larger sizes so would struggle to get them dry. :roll:

Ho hum. Will ponder some more.

Helen xx

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Have you given them some feedback? It may be something they should change in the design, and if you got more WN's they might be willing to make them for you specially with longer tabs, and extra poppers for the legs if needed...

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:00 pm

This is the only negative feedback I have seen about them, everything else has been really really positive!

I use the large on Amelie she will be 2 in Jan and I use them on the third row of poppers and they fit perfectly (i.e. one less than the tightest). All the other feedbacks I have seen, have said how much better the fit is with these, than the old style.

BUT I have learnt over the years that there is no such thing as the perfect nappy, all babies are different sizes and you just can't please everyone, all you can hope for is that they fit most babies :D

All feedabck gratefully received though, positive or negative, it is all helpful when it comes to redesigning and bettering our products :wine:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:01 pm

rhead wrote:Have you given them some feedback? It may be something they should change in the design, and if you got more WN's they might be willing to make them for you specially with longer tabs, and extra poppers for the legs if needed...

I did email them the other day but haven't heard back yet. They're probably snowed under with orders before they close for Christmas. :lol: :lol:

Would be interested to see how anyone else is getting on with them. Have you tried yours yet?

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:04 pm

WeeNotions wrote:This is the only negative feedback I have seen about them, everything else has been really really positive!

I use the large on Amelie she will be 2 in Jan and I use them on the third row of poppers and they fit perfectly (i.e. one less than the tightest). All the other feedbacks I have seen, have said how much better the fit is with these, than the old style.

BUT I have learnt over the years that there is no such thing as the perfect nappy, all babies are different sizes and you just can't please everyone, all you can hope for is that they fit most babies :D

All feedabck gratefully received though, positive or negative, it is all helpful when it comes to redesigning and bettering our products :wine:

Did you get my email? Perhaps it went missing in cyberspace. :lol: :lol:

Out of interest why did you change the design? Could you still make the old design for the awkward shaped babies like mine? :wink: He fits brilliantly in the old style ones but I'm just finding it impossible to do up the new ones at the waist. Perhaps I am stuffing it wrong. It does seem rather hard to stuff compared to the old ones. Are the old inserts not a good thing to stuff these ones with?

Sorry about all the questions.

Helen xx

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies