Pocket nappies with velcro???

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Pocket nappies with velcro???

Postby Pinchette » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi,

My husband and my mother in law like the bumgenius a lot and they keep telling me to buy more (I've only got the one) but I think they're a bit pricey. So I was wondering if any of you knew of a similar pocket nappy that cost a bit less???? Basically what they like about it is the fact that it's so similar to a disposable. :roll: because it's got velcro fastening and it's very slimline. Any suggestions???????
thanks in advance

Gisele

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Well I'm not in love with my Happy Heineys as I think its too hard to get them not to wick. I've heard very good things about Green Kids pockets which are velcro but I'm not sure how they would be, imagine not as trim as the BG (it is pretty much the slimmest nappy on the market). Hmmmmm, there must be some others I'll have a think about it!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:27 pm

I know that Apple Clothing have 10% off their Bumgenius at the moment so they are £13.50. They also did them without inserts a little while ago so that worked out even cheaper.

The only other pockets I have with velcro are Happy Heinys which are slightly cheaper (about £10 without inserts) but they are not onesize and are not always as realiable as Bumgenius with some people experiencing bad wicking. You could give one a go and see how you get on. And Green Kids but they are only available from Australia - really great nappy though and I think they look better than Bumgenius.

Otherwise you are looking at poppered pockets like Fuzzis, Mommy's Touch (onesize) and Pocket Tots.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Swaddlebees pockets are available with applix, though some people don't get on well with them I love ours :D

But to be honest by the time you buy the swaddlebees nappy and insert you pay as much as you would for the bumgenius.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:51 pm

theres also drybees, and the news mommys touch will come with 'touchtape' (velcro) too
Shevi

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:19 pm

Ahhhh Drybees, they were the ones in the back of my mind!!! Theres a few pics of Erin in hers somewhere and Evie I think too.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 pm

I've got Green kids and they are great, lovely prints and colours, depending what you boost with they are quite slim. Oh course only downside is that you can only get them from Oz

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:41 am

Thanks all for your help.

I've just ordered one drybee and 2 green kids (I couldn't resist the alien and planets print one. :lol: ). How long does it take for delivery from australia??????
Ooooh I'm excited now I can't wait.
Is it here yet????? is it????
:lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:57 am

I found Green Kids really good, but my parcel then got stuck at customs and I got charged duty. Wasn't best pleased I can tell you. But generally I think Green Kids take about a week.

Hope you like them.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies