hf1

Help - weenotions sizing advice please!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Help - weenotions sizing advice please!

Postby northernruth » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Am about to order my first weenotions side snap and need some sizing advice!

Martha is 18 months on Saturday and about 22/23lbs. I have checked her measurements and she would fit either the mediums or the larges BUT - i have bought a couple of pre loved large nappies off this forum recently which are a bit on the big side for her - an upsy daisy (which is just about OK) and a pocket bots (which is too big)

She's still in medium fuzzis on the smallest waist setting and next to smallest thigh setting. We're not keen on BTP anymore as the rise seems to be a problem for us on the BG's at the mo (She's long, big tummy but quite slim where the nappy tends to sit just below the tum!)

As I don't want to buy a nappy which will sit in the basket for months can anyone give me a steer on sizing? I know there's lots of weenotions fans out there!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Help - weenotions sizing advice please!

Postby anya1973 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 pm

northernruth wrote:Am about to order my first weenotions side snap and need some sizing advice!

Martha is 18 months on Saturday and about 22/23lbs. I have checked her measurements and she would fit either the mediums or the larges BUT - i have bought a couple of pre loved large nappies off this forum recently which are a bit on the big side for her - an upsy daisy (which is just about OK) and a pocket bots (which is too big)

She's still in medium fuzzis on the smallest waist setting and next to smallest thigh setting. We're not keen on BTP anymore as the rise seems to be a problem for us on the BG's at the mo (She's long, big tummy but quite slim where the nappy tends to sit just below the tum!)

As I don't want to buy a nappy which will sit in the basket for months can anyone give me a steer on sizing? I know there's lots of weenotions fans out there!

Cole is 10 months and almost 20lbs. We use large Wee Notions on all the tightest popper settings. I found the mediums were too short in the rise for him quite quickly. I don't find that Wee Notions come up that big really.

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Trouble is if you're buying new very few of us have the new sized pockets WN are doing...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Other thing is you can get your LO's waist and thigh measurements and put them in the special instructions when ordering. You might be able to get extra poppers put on to make it fit if the large is going to be possibly too big.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 am

Williams been in large WN pockets since he was 4 months but then he is a big baby. I have a lrg pocket bot but its huge and the med/jrg is just right. As Steph has said though not many of us have the new version on them.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks ladies, I think I will go for the large as she's in the middle of the measurements albeit at the low end

Thanks again for the input - will let you know how I go on!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies