hf1

Pull-up style nappies for 4-y-o at night?

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Pull-up style nappies for 4-y-o at night?

Postby shinycat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:30 am

does anyone know of a nappy I could use as a pull-up on my 4-y-o bedwetter? Training pants are no good as she wees too much. I don't want to use standard nappies as I don't want to have to lie her down like a baby to get them on. I read about Minki Yoyos and Happy Heniys but both are discontinued and I can't buy them anywhere. I am using disposable pull-ups and they are costing me a fortune. Any suggestions appreciated!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Pull-up style nappies for 4-y-o at night?

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 am

I haven't tried them as my LO is still a baby but yesterday I saw some fantastic looking training pants with a hemp/cotton layer and a pocket to add extra absorbency! They are called GroVia My Choice Training Pants and I saw them on the Fill Your Pants website for £12.95. Might be worth a try?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:16 am

If you get popper nappies, you can fasten them up before pulling them on. ;) (Should any popper un-pop as you're pulling it on, just fasten it back up while she's stood up. Easy!)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 am

Soupdragon wrote:If you get popper nappies, you can fasten them up before pulling them on. ;) (Should any popper un-pop as you're pulling it on, just fasten it back up while she's stood up. Easy!)

Was going to say just this ^^^

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Ah, thank you! I had wondered about pulling up popper nappies, but the only ones I have are Sandy's and actually I stopped using those about a year ago as they weren't absorbent enough any more. I'd have to boost and won't be able to use as pullups if I boost. Also as they have a wrap she's not going to be able to pull up and down herself. So I'll need a pocket style all-in-one I think. The Grovia ones sound good so I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip!

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:24 am

Me again :wave:
Well I had a look at those Grovia nappies and they seemed good at first glance but don't get terribly good reviews because of sizing. Also you have to use Grovia inserts as others don't fit, so it works out expensive. So am thinking of trying poppers as pullups. Anyone ever tried this and recommend nappies that work in this way? I have one BG pocket which I had listed for sale but not yet sold, so am going to try that tonight I think. Any other suggestions? DD is 4, she is quite skinny (14kg ish) but she isn't short so I'll need to be using something that has a reasonable rise. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that when she realises that the nappies don't hold a great deal she'll stop being lazy and get out of bed for a wee. The past few days her disposables have been really, really heavy and she doesn't drink much in the evening so it is obviously just a big wee on waking.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies