hf1

Inserts - your favs?

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Inserts - your favs?

Postby FUZZIFAN » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Although my son and now my daughter have been/are in pockets I haven't been on this forum for long. I originally (after some terrible purchases) started out with fuzzi's and mother of eden inserts which were ok and would do me 2/3 hours. Then I found Wonderfulls in hemp and these can do us 4-6 hours. I have added to my collection some blueberry ss and some weenotions ss and finally some minki standards (for night time). I am struggling a bit for inserts for the weenotions and can only get a few hours with what I've tried so far. The minki's are ok because I just stuff em with whatever to get us through the night.

What do you use, why and how long do you go between changes? Do you think 2 or 3 hours is reasonable or more like 4?

Just wondered what your views were.

Nicky

p.s. why is this so addictive? I seem to have far more nappies than I need, why can't I stop buying them? I'm not like this with anything else!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Inserts - your favs?

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:14 pm

My fav's (before potty training started) were blueberry combo microfibre and hemp with an easy peasy hemp booster or a wee notions bamboo and hemp night notion insert.
At night we are using a happy heiny hemp insert, with 2 ellas house hemp inserts topped off with some microfibre in a standard or slinki minki.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm

my fave stuffing would be:

ptits dessous bamboo insert with either an easy peasy hemp booster thingy or a fuzzi mf insert

jan x

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:19 pm

i have some hemp wonderfulls now at full absorbancy and i like to mix and match them with some microfibre and hemp ones i made myself,
i prefer hemp[for thinness] with the microfibre[for instant absorption] buuut because the hemp takes so long to dry cant always do that,
they fit in my ;[one] weenotions -large
[one] pbpd -m/long
[several] pocket bots
and [several] pockets i made myself :wink:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:27 pm

blueberry one size, hemp/micofibre with an extra mf-usually fuzzi on top :mrgreen:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:31 pm

I use a large Wonderfulls hemp with a small Wonderfulls microfibre (or vice versa) - lasts us for about 2.5 - 3 hours.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:34 pm

I currently am a fan of Blueberry onesize combo inserts, especially in my WN onesize nappies. Other great inserts I like are Easy Peasy Hemp inserts (nice and cheap), Wonderfulls, Green Kids and I also have some bamboo inserts from Pocket Bots which come in handy.

Ben isn't a heavy wetter and we can go for 4 or 5 hours easily between changes although usually I do change more frequently.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 pm

We use a combo of a BG MF insert and an Easy Peasy hemp in all her day nappies, except BBSS, which are too small and use their own insert.

This is usually enough for 3 hours, but can last up to 5 in the right nappy (Not that we usually leave her that long, both of us forgot today :oops: :oops: )

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 pm

JanX wrote:my fave stuffing would be:

ptits dessous bamboo insert with either an easy peasy hemp booster thingy or a fuzzi mf insert

jan x

Im with Jan - after trying loads and loads of different inserts, I found this to outlast anything else I tried and even used this combo overnight in nappies by minki.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies