hf1

HELP! new to this board, cloth nappies & babies in general!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: HELP! new to this board, cloth nappies & babies in general!

Postby sim » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Great advice from the others!

I like 2 part systems as I find the absorbency and containment much better (though both my April babies were heavy wetters up to about 9 months of ages).

Pockets are our standard childminder nappy, though I've now trained them to use two parters as well.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:08 am

edgedem wrote:im not due until April 17th! but as a FTM & a bit of a control freak :oops: I just like to be organized :)

I think it is a great idea to start early, in terms of research and building your stash. I started pretty early with Louis getting sorted and it was good as by the time he arrived I felt like I had my head around all the different types and I'd managed to pick up some great pre-loved bargains as I had the time to do so! Makes it so much easier to get it all done before you go on maternity leave too!
edgedem wrote:aw thank you so much for the advice, so kind for you all to reply! :D

It's a pleasure, we have all been there and understand how overwhelming it can be to start with so just ask as many questions as you need to and there will always be someone who has an answer for you @edgedem :widesmile:

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:17 am

first of all hi :wave:

once you get into the cloth there'll be no going back! i'm also a ftm and once i started buying cloth nappies i got totally addicted :giggle: and now she is here its so satisfying using the cloth, knowing you're saving money, the environment and babies bum. each one i put on i'm like that's another disposable not used! :hohoho:

as others have said, get lots of different brands. this is what i did and tbh i thought they would all be fine but as it turns out there are some i really don't like. also try different types of nappy, both the pockets and aios. i would recommend two parters as well, really good for keeping that poo in (which btw disposables are rubbish at! everytime i put her in a disposable she gets poo everywhere). I like the little lambs and the tots bots stretchies but they might be a little big for a newborn depending on what size they come out. i started her in kissaluvs, sandies and diddy diapers. as for wraps, i like the rikki wrap and little lamb wrap best, but nature babies are good too. but saying that, you might like something completely different.

and starting early is great! gives you a chance to build a stash. i bought nearly all of my newborn stash preloved, there are great buys on here and everyone is really lovely.

keep asking questions, keep an eye on the forums and see what people say in the reviews. folk on here are a fountain of knowledge. not sure i could have done the cloth nappy thing without it!

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies