Old style Weenotions SS advice

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Old style Weenotions SS advice

Postby clairelana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I have 2 old style WN SS.
I have used them today but both of them have leaked. The front of the nappy has been wet.
Is it that they are just not right for Kaydi's shape, or do i need to use more stuffing?
Any tips? or is this why they have changed the shape?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Old style Weenotions SS advice

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Hmmm mine never leaked at the front...

What size were they, what outers are they (cotton, lycra, minkee? or other?), how long were they on for, what did you stuff them with?
Whereabouts at the front was the leak?

I think she changed the design due to the elastic in the legs but I could be wrong...

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:15 pm

They are medium, the outers are cotton.
Only on for at the most a couple of hours.
I stuffed them with a large microfiber insert with the end folded over so we had extra stuffing at the front.
The leak was round the legs but more at the front.

x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Do you think she's a heavy wetter usually? Have you had problems with other nappies with cotton outers?

We could never use cotton outered nappies as they'd leak sooooo quickly.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:18 pm

For a cotton outer you probably need to use different stuffing as microfibre tends to 'squish' wee out when wet and this doesn't combine well with the cotton outer's wickability... (sorry to make up new words!)

For us we sometimes had to change cotton outers after 2hrs usually... Using a combination of bamboo (as the 'top' layer of stuffing) and hemp usually got us 3-4hours though until Isabelle started doing big toddler power wees...

Do they seem to fit well on her e.g. no gaping holes at the legs/waist...

Do you have a tumble drier? A quick blast would help re-seal any dodgy PUL but I suspect it's a cotton outer/microfibre thing rather than anything else...

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I wouldn't say she's a heavy wetter
I have problems with my WN wrap with cotton outer has also been wet on the front.

They do seem to fit well, but I did notice that the fleece inner shows on the outside of the nappy.

I'm waiting for some different inserts so when they come i will give them a try. I'll also give them a blast in my mums drier. I think most of my inserts are microfiber.

I never seem to get longer than 2 hours in the day should they last longer?
She does go all night with a HH insert with the small inner bit and a terry booster. Thats using the old style non SS WN.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:50 pm

I would say you should definately get longer than 2 hours out of a daytime nappy...

For pockets use hemp under microfibre or bamboo and microfibre and you should find pockets last 3-5hrs...

Do you use a fleece liner in your pockets or did you mean the fleece inner shows? It's ok for the fleece inner to 'roll out' a little on pockets... Most are designed to do that...

For Isabelle as I didn't have enough bamboo we often used a thin-ish fuzzi microfibre insert with an easy-peasy hemp insert under and that was quite slim and very absorbent...

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:12 pm

Off to spend money on hemp inserts/ booster......lol
Shhhh.......lol

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 pm

clairelana wrote:Off to spend money on hemp inserts/ booster......lol
Shhhh.......lol

Defo go to EasyPeasy nappies then. Their hemp boosters are £2 each and marvellous. They are the only ones we use. If you spend over £10, postage is free too (or it was last time I spent there :) )

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies