hf1

New Wee Notions Side Snap Nappies

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

New Wee Notions Side Snap Nappies

Postby anya1973 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 pm

For those who have got these now....what do you stuff them with? :)

I stuffed ours with a WN trifold bamboo terry insert but it's way too bulky for the nappy (despite fitting lovely in the old style).

I hope the new style inserts will work better. Wonder how they're going to differ from the old ones?

What do you use to stuff the new ones with?

Helen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: New Wee Notions Side Snap Nappies

Postby flutterby » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:27 pm

a small fuzzi bunz insert and an easy peasy hemp insert, was perfect and lasted 4 hrs!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:47 pm

flutterby wrote:a small fuzzi bunz insert and an easy peasy hemp insert, was perfect and lasted 4 hrs!

Are the fuzzi bunz inserts microfibre?

I sold all my hemp easy peasy inserts as they were too short for our large nappies.

I'm not finding the new WNs a very good fit. :( Will have to mess around with different inserts and see how we get on.

If no luck I'll have to sell them on. :cry: :cry:

Helen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Yeah they are MF, I use the easy peasy hemp boosters in Jak nappies, just put them at the from where he's gets wettest!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:23 pm

flutterby wrote:Yeah they are MF, I use the easy peasy hemp boosters in Jak nappies, just put them at the from where he's gets wettest!

Out of interest what else do you use as inserts? I found that nappies gaped at the leg if I just used one hemp easy peasy and a microfibre insert.

I quite often have to put double in to bulk the nappy out - I didn't think Cole's legs were that skinny but they always gape if not stuffed enough.

Helen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm

I find stuffing too much makes them gape, it's strange how we all have different problems, I always use an easy peasy hemp insert, plus, an MF cloth, or a fuzzi insert or a BG insert of a WN bamboo booster from the middle of the NN inserts, whatever I can lay my hands on really! Oh and I sometimes use a M BB combo insert, plus an EP hemp of course, lol!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 pm

flutterby wrote:I find stuffing too much makes them gape, it's strange how we all have different problems, I always use an easy peasy hemp insert, plus, an MF cloth, or a fuzzi insert or a BG insert of a WN bamboo booster from the middle of the NN inserts, whatever I can lay my hands on really! Oh and I sometimes use a M BB combo insert, plus an EP hemp of course, lol!

Just one hemp insert?! How long does that last for and is that on Summer or on Jak?

Tis funny how one things one baby and not another.

How are you getting on with your Upsy Daisy? You were saying the legs gaped on that.

Helen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:48 pm

That's on Summer and it will last however long she goes between feeds, can be up to 5 hrs ( but not often I promise) we stopped using pockets on Jak a while ago as they would wick after an hr! The upsy daisy isn't being used, it's not gaping we have an inch gap all the way round her leg, so it will be a while, can't waitto use it though I loooove it!

Yeah just one hemp insert!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies