Weenotions

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Weenotions

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Afternoon ladies

I am very new on here and am so glad I have found you all - not sure my DH will agree with that though.

I have seen a lot of you talking about weenotions nappies and love them. Can you advise me on what is best to buy from fastenings, design and especially inserts for day and night.

Thanks so much

Kirsty xx :babyroll:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Weenotions

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 pm

WN nappy fastenings are all popper. Their own inserts are currently being redesigned, so are unavailable. but i use microfibre on top of hemp quite successfully during the day. We don't use pockets overnight, so can't help there - sorry. As to design, it really is up to you (and your budget!). We have velboa, minkee and cuddlesoft fabric nappies from WN. Oh, and some double fabric ones, too (a combination of minkee and cotton in a bordre cut combo).

This may well sound like I;m talking double dutch. :hohoho: The best thing is to explore the WN website for ideas. Or look on here to see if you can pick something up second hand.

excuse typos: nak.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm

So night notions for night it is then. Gracie isn't a heavy wetter so would the towelling booster that comes with them be enough????

Sorry to you all but I might have a lot of what might seem very stupid questions!!! :oops:

I may sell some of my Fuzzi Bunz to fund my new found passion, would they sell on here???

Kirst xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Weenotions fastenings are mainly popper, but you can get aplix on the one-size.
As for fabrics, you just need to take a look on the website and see what they have in store. I do love minkee nappies, they are so soft.
For night notions, bamboo and hemp (pop in booster) are a cood combo. If you don't have a heavy wetter, that should be enough. If your LO becomes a heavier wetter over time you can always add in an extra hemp booster (eg easy peasy) to the nappy.
YOu can really use anything for the inserts. You can buy weenotions inserts, or can use inserts from say your fuzzis or just about any other brand. However if you don't have any hemp boosters you might want to pick up some of those as well.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:54 pm

I am going to have to get me one of these Wn nappies but need some advise

Gracie is a petite wee thing, she is long and skinny only just over 16lbs (she's 8 months), I know all babies are different but what would be a good one to start with? One size, or pocket - HELP.

Kirsty xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:29 pm

I think a one size pocket would work well. They seem to be quite adjustable.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Great thanks for that but I'm afraid to say I have another question - what material to go for, I am drawn toward cuddlesoft and minkee??????? :coolbaby:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:03 pm

Never tried cuddlesoft, but I love minkee.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies