MF cloths in Fuzzies

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

MF cloths in Fuzzies

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi - again

I have been reading that some of you are using the MF cloths that you can get in Tesco and other shops (and noticed they do a bamboo one as well), I am determined that Gracie is going to wear her fuzzies at night but haven't been brave enough. She sleeps for 12 hours or so and am reluctant to wake her to change her but am will to do it (she doesn't fully waken) if it means wearing them at night. Anyway I am wondering if it would be ok to use them with the fuzzi insert and other boosters I have - not sure what they are made of though, they are hourglass shaped and go a bit hard when washed if that helps!!!!!!! I also have other ones that are the same material as the fuzzie inner than I can use. What is the best way to stuff - cloth over fuzzi insert or fuzzi insert first?????

Hope this makes sense and I haven't bored you all ridged1!

Kirst x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: MF cloths in Fuzzies

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Sorry Kirsty but I'm not sure how old your LO is?

I personally would not use only microfibre (MF cloth plus fuzzi - wouldn't matter which way around you used them) at night-time as when it's soaked it tends to squish wee out causing leaks - whereas something like hemp or bamboo tends to hold onto the wee...

The inserts that go hard when washed might well be hemp or bamboo so you'd be best trying one of those under your fuzzi insert...

Best way to use microfibre whether a fuzzi insert or MF cloth is to put it as the top layer over hemp or bamboo as it's super fast absorbing and hemp is not. (bamboo can go as the top or only layer but could also go under MF)

Hope that makes sense :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Sorry, should have said she is a teeny 8 months and fairly light wetter (not like our other 2 monsters), what I may do tonight then is try her with a fuzzi insert on top of one of the others, I have a feeling they are bamboo (how dim am I!!)

I wil be brave tonight a go for it, then I will change her when I come in from my very rare night out!!!

I will let you know how we get on - fingers crossed1!!!!

Kirst

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Good luck, hope tonight goes well.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Just checked Gracie, she has been in her nappy for 5 hours now and so far so good, I will change her in an hour or so before we go to bed - yeehaww, hopefully she will be a full time clothie soon when I figure out what are the best inserts to get.

Thanks for all your help and support

Kirst x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Been doing an experiment today using mf cloths and bamboo cloths as well (both bought in Tesco). I put one of each in Gracies fuzzie to see how we got on during the day and it has been perfect, just changed her after 2 hours and it was great. Ok so I am not going to be using this combo overnight but for when we are pottering round the house during the day it is a great option for us plus I will be using more nappies (I only have a handful of other inserts) before wash days which means I use more of my rather large stash of fuzzies and a happier DH - until he sees what's coming in the post!!!!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies