hf1

Bumgenius - do they really fit up to potty training?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Bumgenius - do they really fit up to potty training?

Postby anya1973 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Reason I'm asking is that I bought a secondhand V3 one to try. Haven't tried it on him yet but it's stuffed ready to go and it doesn't look very big. :shock:

I can't see it fitting him until he's potty trained.

Anyone else thought this? Or is it just me?! :lol:

Helen xx

PS Wasn't overly impressed with the tiny aplix tabs. :roll: Do they really work well? They look tiny compared to the nappy. Has anyone had problems with them coming undone?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Bumgenius - do they really fit up to potty training?

Postby Mareth » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:55 pm

I've just bought some recently and Rhys is no where near PTing so I don't know about the size question. But regarding the tabs, I'd say they should be good and strong. Some of the best tabs I've found are on my Tommee Tippee cotton bottoms wraps, they have the same small tabs as BGs and are really strong, somehow the applix seems much grippier than on my other wraps and nappies, even though the tabs are much smaller. They are the only wraps/nappies that Rhys can't undo on his own, even poppers he can open, but not the cotton bottoms.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Charlotte was still wearing BG's at 2 when she pt'd. They were V2 but I don't think they are any bigger than V3. We are now using them on Ben and although I think the velcro isn't as strong as it could be we haven't had any problems yet. I only got them when Charlotte was on the largest setting but then was really impressed with the fit on Ben as a newborn. Blueberry onesize are a similar design but seem to have grippier tabs, although they are also more expensive!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:13 pm

I loooove BGs, but they won't stay on Jak the applix just pops undone within moment, but he is rather chunky! I put some poppers on one yesterday and he wore it today with no problems!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:35 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:I've just bought some recently and Rhys is no where near PTing so I don't know about the size question. But regarding the tabs, I'd say they should be good and strong. Some of the best tabs I've found are on my Tommee Tippee cotton bottoms wraps, they have the same small tabs as BGs and are really strong, somehow the applix seems much grippier than on my other wraps and nappies, even though the tabs are much smaller. They are the only wraps/nappies that Rhys can't undo on his own, even poppers he can open, but not the cotton bottoms.

The tabs seem to be strong enough but the nappy itself doesn't seem to be very high in the rise. Not much bigger than some of my larger mediums or medium/longs. :roll:

I prefer the tabs on my Upsy Daisies, now they are so strong I can hardly undo them sometimes but I do have problems with my wrists. :lol:

Going to sell it I've decided. He wore it today and although it didn't leak or wick or anything I'm not overly enamoured with it.

Oh well, at least I can tick that one off the list of nappies to try.

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Annette wrote:Charlotte was still wearing BG's at 2 when she pt'd. They were V2 but I don't think they are any bigger than V3. We are now using them on Ben and although I think the velcro isn't as strong as it could be we haven't had any problems yet. I only got them when Charlotte was on the largest setting but then was really impressed with the fit on Ben as a newborn. Blueberry onesize are a similar design but seem to have grippier tabs, although they are also more expensive!

Am going to sell it. Not particularly enamoured with it. :roll: Prefer my fuzzi and Upsy Daisies. :D

Helen xx

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:41 pm

flutterby wrote:I loooove BGs, but they won't stay on Jak the applix just pops undone within moment, but he is rather chunky! I put some poppers on one yesterday and he wore it today with no problems!

I was quite surprised at how small the aplix tabs were to be honest. Prefer my Upsy Daisy ones with their super strength aplix/touchtape. :D :lol:

Am going to sell the BG on.

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Isabelle is tall, and 15.5kgs and hers still fit (although if I stuffed them for a night they wouldn't do...) so I would say yes they're pretty good...

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Isabelle is tall, and 15.5kgs and hers still fit (although if I stuffed them for a night they wouldn't do...) so I would say yes they're pretty good...

Seems to be just me who doesn't think much to them. :lol:

I think the main thing I don't like is the teeny weeny aplix tabs. I find them rather fiddly. Am going to flog it!

Helen xx

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies