hf1

*JanX* and anyone else who knows a lot about inserts!

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

*JanX* and anyone else who knows a lot about inserts!

Postby anya1973 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Hope you don't mind me tracking you down, Jan. :lol:

I remember you replying to a post of mine about inserts for pocket nappies but need to pick your brains a bit more if that is OK. :wink:

I have trifold bamboo wee notions inserts (the ones that went with the previous style pockets), also some petits dissous (sp?) inserts too.

Now I really like the PD ones as they are so soft and quick to dry but they are quite short in my medium/long and large pockets despite being advertised as big enough for large nappies. :( They are a good inch or so too short for the pockets. Now I appreciate that they don't have to be exactly the right size for the pocket but as there is quite a shortfall of insert as it were I find they tend not to stay put in the pocket and as Cole is such a great crawler/mover/cruiser the inserts end up all over the place in the nappy resulting in wet trousers at the top. :?

I have some Bumgenius microterry inserts which I use with them which are a great size for my pockets as are the fuzzi microterry inserts I have. Both these types seem to be the perfect length and width for most of my nappies. Are there any bamboo or hemp (if no bamboo) that are the same sort of size as these two types?

I've tried easy peasy hemp and not got on with them very well as they get way too stiff in our hard water area and are not long enough for my pockets.

My all time favourites are the Wee Notions bamboo terry but they're not making them at the moment. :(

What are the blueberry onesize inserts like? Think they're one of the only ones I've not tried. :lol:

I thought I was sorted for inserts but when Cole grew out of his medium nappies it all went to pot. :evil:

Any ideas?

I was toying with the idea of bamboo squares a while ago but would prefer proper 'inserts' if possible.

Gah! Help! :D

Helen

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: *JanX* and anyone else who knows a lot about inserts!

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Helen
If easy peasy inserts don't work well due to your hard water, then I don't like the chances of the BB one size combo inserts working well for you, you'd be better using bamboo than hemp.
You can get babeco bamboo squares (in their flat nappies section) that can be folded up to fit like the wee notions.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Rae wrote:Helen
If easy peasy inserts don't work well due to your hard water, then I don't like the chances of the BB one size combo inserts working well for you, you'd be better using bamboo than hemp.
You can get babeco bamboo squares (in their flat nappies section) that can be folded up to fit like the wee notions.

What size squares would I need to go for? I really want them to fit the whole length of the nappies I'm using (large old style WNs, UDs in medium/long, medium new style fuzzis).

Thanks

Helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 am

Measure your nappies (or your WN insert), but I think the 40 x 40 cm ones should do you. Bamboo will shrink a bit after it is washed for the first time - I can't remember if these squares are pre-shrunk or not.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:24 am

hiya

only just seen this!

I use 40 x 40 bamboo squares in my pockets and the newest style of the ptits dessous bamboo inserts are longer than previous styles (you need the size 2 for the longest ones)

I have to say though most of my inserts don't fit all the way the full length of the pockets and I have never had an issue with it!

jan x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Whee is the best place to gt bamboo squares Jan? xx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Whee is the best place to gt bamboo squares Jan? xx

I honestly don't know :? sorry hun. I got mine about 2 years ago now from a shop on ebay, all I remember is that they were a total bargain as they are all seconds/slightly wonky stitching and edges :wink:

I think babeco sell them

jan x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:50 pm

I think a lot of people get them from Babeco too. Or if you're feeling handy they're really easy to make :)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies