hf1

Wonderoos - inserts/boosters question

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Wonderoos - inserts/boosters question

Postby littlehayley » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Just wondered if anyone can advise me on the best combinations of inserts/boosters for wonderoos BTP pockets?

I'm at the stage of pre-washing a few of my wonderoos and inserts before trying them out. I just wondered whether I should be using both inserts for a normal daytime nappy, or whether just the large would be enough? I don't want to over-bulk the nappy unneccessarily but I also don't want leaks!

Also, I've been wondering whether I am likely to need to boost the nappy? I assume if used at night they'd need both insterts but do they need anything more?

I have loads of bamboo boosters (large and small) from my babybeehinds (I don't use the nappies anymore) and wondered if I could make use of them. Also, how many pre-washes should the bamboo have? Some of them have been used, but quite a few haven't because DS was only little when we used them, and didn't really need boosters.

DS is 15months, and isn't a particularly heavy wetter, although his night nappy is usually quite full his daytime ones are not too bad.

Thanks in advance,

Hayley

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Wonderoos - inserts/boosters question

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 pm

I've never used the two microterry inserts together - they're too bulky. I tend to use either a large microterry with small bamboo Baby Beehinds insert underneath, or (occasionally) small microterry with the large bamboo underneath - my fav combo is small microterry on top of a large hemp Womnderfulls insert

I don't think I every pre-washed my bamboo :oops: they seemed fine from the beginning but that may have been because DD was only a few weeks old when I started using them.

I'd definitely boost his night nappy with bamboo, and ideally hemp - unless he's a very, very light wetter the two microterry inserts are unlikely to be enough.

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlehayley » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:17 pm

thanks for your help.

so far, i've been using both microterry inserts plus a booster at night (the small baby beehinds bamboo booster) and we haven't had any leaks. When I change his nappy in the morning, there still seems to be quite a bit of absorbency left. However the nappies do seem very bulky, so perhaps some hemp boosters might help. They also look a bit messy in the morning, and seem a bit saggy at the front.

Do you think the large microterry insert and a large baby beehinds bamboo booster would be enough for night time? Just trying to think of ways of thinning out the nappy slightly, without having to buy more different inserts! Perhaps I'll just look out for some pre-loved ones.

Hayley

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Glad you seem to be getting on OK with them. You might find that just one large microterry and a baby beehinds works for him - give it a go! Otherwise, if you want to reduce bulk I'd recommend using just bamboo on top of hemp as you'll find that they are smaller than microterry, but absorb more. I can really recommend Wonderfuls hemp inserts, I use them every night.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies