hf1

Green Kids??

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Green Kids??

Postby littlehayley » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 am

We don't have any GK inserts and the nappies work fine with what we've got. I have mainly wonderoos inserts (some hemp and some microfibre. I find the large MF wonderoos insert a bit too big so usually use the small MF on top of the large hemp. My DS is not a particularly heavy wetter and the nappies last about 3-3.5 hrs or so, sometimes more if he's asleep, so you might find they don't last quite this long on your DD. You could probably boost them, but I find the pocket is not that big so you'd want something slim like bamboo or hemp.

Hayley

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am

I would be inclined to say steer away from the Funtimes. We have not had a problem with them but I know people who have so if you have a heavy wetter I think they would wick.

I have the GK inserts but I am a bit anal and have a thing about having the right insert in the right nappy iykwim :giggle: They are good, I like the bamboo ones best but they are quite bulky. You would be fine using something else instead.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:04 am

Thanks. I have decided that the funtimes wouldn't be any good for my DD. I am going to look into some preloved anytimes or minkytimes though!

I would prefer all the right inserts with the right nappies, but as Elouise is a heavy wetter, it just doesn't work.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 am

Hello - Just wanted to ask....

Did you all know you can use these as a swim nappy too? Somebody told me the other day and I tried it and was quite impressed. Not as bulky as the mother care swim nappies I have. Just don't stuff them with anything!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Hello - Just wanted to ask....

Did you all know you can use these as a swim nappy too? Somebody told me the other day and I tried it and was quite impressed. Not as bulky as the mother care swim nappies I have. Just don't stuff them with anything!

Yep. Most pockets without stuffing work well as swim nappies. :wink:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh right! So I can use my BG/mommys touch etc in there? Do the chemicals ruin the colours?

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies