hf1

Lil Stinkies aplix help

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby anya1973 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 am

Just wondering if it is me but I bought a secondhand Lil Stinkie recently and tried it on Cole the other day. He wore it for a couple of hours but the aplix kept coming undone. :(

Has anyone else had this problem with them?

Is it just because they only have a narrow strip off it rather than the wide strips you get on other aplix nappies?

It's a lovely nappy but kept falling off him! :lol: :lol:

Any ideas?





Helen xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby nicola g » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 am

No idea as mine are popper closing :D

Hope someone can help :babyroll:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby anya1973 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am

nicola g wrote:No idea as mine are popper closing :D

Hope someone can help :babyroll:



Well that was helpful! :roll: :roll: Not!! :lol: :lol:




Helen xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 am

We never had that problem with them.
I think the aplix is the same width as what you would find on a BG, so I'm not sure it is the narrowness.
There is always the possibility that the previous owner didn't close the tapes properly for when the nappy was being washed, so it could have stuck to other items and lost stickiness IYKWIM.
Could you yourself, or do you live near anyone that could remove the aplix and put another lot on for you, or change the aplix for poppers?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby JanX » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 am

have you tried cleaning the sticky side of the applix? it could be full of fluff which would prevent it sticking

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:39 am

JanX wrote:have you tried cleaning the sticky side of the applix? it could be full of fluff which would prevent it sticking

Yep I second this idea - it happened to my slinki minki (despite closing the tabs :evil: ) - go at it with a pair of tweezers or similar and hopefully once you've removed the fluff it should be easier - alternative to tweezers is to rub the two sticky sides together that helps a bit...

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Lil Stinkies aplix help

Postby anya1973 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Rae wrote:We never had that problem with them.
I think the aplix is the same width as what you would find on a BG, so I'm not sure it is the narrowness.
There is always the possibility that the previous owner didn't close the tapes properly for when the nappy was being washed, so it could have stuck to other items and lost stickiness IYKWIM.
Could you yourself, or do you live near anyone that could remove the aplix and put another lot on for you, or change the aplix for poppers?


The aplix seems OK actually. Think perhaps the nappy itself just doesn't suit him. :( Shame as they're lovely nappies.
JanX wrote:have you tried cleaning the sticky side of the applix? it could be full of fluff which would prevent it sticking

jan x


No fluff. Not sure why it doesn't fasten properly. Perhaps Cole is just a funny shape? :(


Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies