My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: WNOS - Why are poppers recommended?

Postby Cherylw » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 am

Sorry Mareth,

Have only just seen your reply.
I had emailed Suzanne about the possibility of changing it to poppers, but she said it would probably be cheaper for me to buy a new nappy as it would take a lot of work to take it apart!
Not to worry - I still use it - unfortunately it just makes it my least favourite to use cos of the snagging!

take care,
Cheryl

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 am

rhead wrote:
clairelana wrote:I found the poppered ones weren't adjustable enough to get us a good fit.
I have just ordered 2 aplix OS from them.

Did you try doing the poppers up asymmetrically ? (Probably, but you never know... :babyrolleyes:) Lili wears hers with 3 poppers "open" in the middle. I just don't like the look of the aplix, don't know why as it doesn't bother me on a Blueberry!

I tried all possible combinations I bought them new and didn't want to part with them. I'm just sat with all possible things crossed that the aplix works for us.
I also love my blueberrys.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 pm

The poppers are longer lasting, if you have a one-size nappy you would want it to last a long time.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm

oh duh, I posted before I saw there was page 2.... I guess this topic is already done and dusted. Just trying to answer your question why the poppers are recommended!
I am turning to aplix too recently as it is much faster to use.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

I just want to add that I have changed the way I put the TouchTape on them, so fingers crossed it will stop them uncurling at the edges :wink:

I think TouchTape definitely has it's place (which is why we offer them), I have some for when Amelie is her Grandma's etc but I prefer poppers hands down, for all the reasons already mentioned.

:D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:55 pm

I was going to say looking at the pics it looks like they've changed the way touchtape is put on!

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies