hf1

WNOS - Why are poppers recommended?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

WNOS - Why are poppers recommended?

Postby anya1973 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 pm

I personally don't find popper nappies as adjustable (plus I find them very fiddly to fasten :lol: ) so was wondering why the onesize nappies have popper fastening recommended over aplix.

Anyone know why?

Helen :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WNOS - Why are poppers recommended?

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:21 pm

I think it's just cos poppers are less bulky and it fits better with the design of the nappy.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:I think it's just cos poppers are less bulky and it fits better with the design of the nappy.

Aha! Didn't think of that. :roll: :lol:

I've just bought a pre-loved aplix WNOS and find it a brilliant fit on Cole. Mind you he doesn't need it on any of the smaller settings - would be good if Suzanne could make a OS that isn't a OS if you know what I mean. :wink: :lol:

I did find that the tabs seemed to curl back a bit though once fastened. Wonder if I should keep my eye out for a popper fastening one to try?

Helen xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:36 am

anya1973 wrote:I did find that the tabs seemed to curl back a bit though once fastened. Wonder if I should keep my eye out for a popper fastening one to try?

I find the popper one more secure... The aplix on ours isn't really strong enough for a toddler tho' I'm sure it'd be fine on a smaller baby... It's also quite bulky...
And yes it curls back on ours too...

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:04 am

I found the poppered ones weren't adjustable enough to get us a good fit.
I have just ordered 2 aplix OS from them.

x

My avatar
Sparkle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sparkle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 am

Was coming on to ask the same thing after spending far too long on the wns web site last night :oops:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:28 pm

clairelana wrote:I found the poppered ones weren't adjustable enough to get us a good fit.
I have just ordered 2 aplix OS from them.

Did you try doing the poppers up asymmetrically ? (Probably, but you never know... :babyrolleyes:) Lili wears hers with 3 poppers "open" in the middle. I just don't like the look of the aplix, don't know why as it doesn't bother me on a Blueberry!

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:50 pm

The aplix uncurls on Charls WNOS too, and ALWAYS comes completely unstuck from the wash tabs in the washing machine and sticks to everything. I love the fit of it - just wish i'd got it as poppers instead!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Cheryl, maybe you could send it to Suzanne and Margaret to have poppers fitted? Not 100% sure they do that, but it's worth asking.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies