Heavy Wetters

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Heavy Wetters

Postby moonfruit » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi

I look longingly at the gorgeous pockets; WN, BB, itti etc and drool. I can't seem to make them work on my lot. I buy lots, they don't work and then I sell them on. :( :(

Does anyone add extra boosting to their BB's? What do you stuff your WN with? Are fuzzis a good pocket for heavy wetters? Can an itti, with extra boosting cope?

Would love to have a few pockets.

Any tips, Lisa x

p.s We (well me) love minkee so would prefer this outer. :lol:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Heavy Wetters

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Bella is a really heavy wetter and we have just transferred over to fitteds entirely as pockets just can't cut it any more. We have kept a few pockets, but they last 2 hours max.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:19 pm

I've never been able to get on with pockets for Harriet either as she was a heavy wetter :( .

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I would think if you have a really heavy wetter that the only outers you'll get on with will be fleece and wool. We use a P'tit Dessous bamboo insert with an EP hemp underneath. Overnight Ryan has 2 PD inserts and an EH hemp insert underneath in his pocket nappies.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:35 pm

We were using night notion inserts bamboo with a pop in hemp booster in wn and BBOS when Kayleigh went from medium wetter to flooder. We tried an itti, but it was a disaster. Alternatively out BBos had the BBone size combo mf/hemp booster with an easy peasy hemp booster in the middle.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm

We have never been able to use pockets on Jak really, he's a VERY heavy wetter, and the only pockets we can use are minki pockets, they do minkee outers if you don't mind the big bum look!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 am

Have you tried a large Upsy Daisy? They have really lovely minkees, and the large is very generously sized (should fit the twins no problem) and has a huge pocket for stuffing. I don't think I've ever had one leak (can't say the same about our BBs and WN pockets)... :wink:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:16 pm

AM in the process of moving over to fitteds, buying several different ones to try. Lo is a super soaker and is leaking with her pockets no matter what I suff them with (bamboo, hemp, microfibre) nothing seems to work,. BBOS inserts dont work and she always leaks in her WNOS and itti's. I've tried boosting my ittis but with no luck.
I just think that pockets dont suit heavy wetters, definately the case for us!

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Itti's are not great for heavy wetters (sorry) even with their added booster. I use a Greenkids Bamboo insert in my WNSS & this works really well & is still quite trim.

For really heavy wetters fitteds are generally better as you can usually boost more & have added protection of wrap/wool.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies