hf1

My BBOS combo inserts don't last any longer than my MF ones

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

My BBOS combo inserts don't last any longer than my MF ones

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Is this normal? I thought the BBOS combos (hemp and MF) ones would be a lot more absorbant than MF but we don't seem to get any longer out of them? some of them were preloved so have had plenty of washes, others I bought new but have been washed at least 5-7 times now, maybe more.

Is this right?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: My BBOS combo inserts don't last any longer than my MF ones

Postby Frances » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 pm

I find they're not as good as other hemp inserts I've tried....may be an obvious question, but are you putting the MF at the top, and hemp at the bottom?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 pm

What MF inserts are you comparing to?? Cotton babies MF inserts are really absorbent, probably similar to a BBOS, personally I don't like BBOS inserts that much, the BBSS inserts are ok but I still add an EP hemp to them!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 pm

I have LOADS of MF inserts and most of them I can't rememer the brand. TBH I thought they were all pretty much the same :oops:

Yes, I was putting the MF at the top.

So what would be the best /most absorbant insert for various onesize pockets? We have such stressful nappy changing times that I don't really want to do it more than needed, and the other issue is that we are out most days so it is a pain if I have to change every 2 hours.

MIL looked after her for a few hours today and apparently she leaked everywhere and completly soaked herself.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 pm

My favourite comco at the min is a babeco bamboo booster on top of an easy peasy hemp (or 2 if we're gonna be out for a long time)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 pm

Some people with heavy wetters don't get on at all with MF. Katie isn't particularly a heavy wetter but we can't use any MF in our pockets as we get terrible wicking. In all my pockets I use a bamboo insert on top of a hemp one. Our faves are P'tit Dessous bamboo and EP hemp.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 pm

I think these are the babeco ones I have, rather reasonably priced IMO http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main ... cts_id=172

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 pm

flutterby wrote:I think these are the babeco ones I have, rather reasonably priced IMO http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main ... cts_id=172

Very reasonably priced.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Might give those a try then Hanna. They do look nice and cheap. They look small as they are boosters not inserts - will they be ok in onesize pockets?

We have tried using PD inserts - I have about 5 ish of them, but I find they bunch up once they are on? Does anybody else find that? So although the absorbancy is good with an EP hemp, they leak anyway because the insert bunches?

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies