hf1

My BBOS combo inserts don't last any longer than my MF ones

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: My BBOS combo inserts don't last any longer than my MF ones

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 pm

JennyPenny wrote:Might give those a try then Hanna. They do look nice and cheap. They look small as they are boosters not inserts - will they be ok in onesize pockets?

We have tried using PD inserts - I have about 5 ish of them, but I find they bunch up once they are on? Does anybody else find that? So although the absorbancy is good with an EP hemp, they leak anyway because the insert bunches?

I put the hemp in the middle of the PD to keep it flat!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:44 pm

flutterby wrote:
JennyPenny wrote:Might give those a try then Hanna. They do look nice and cheap. They look small as they are boosters not inserts - will they be ok in onesize pockets?

We have tried using PD inserts - I have about 5 ish of them, but I find they bunch up once they are on? Does anybody else find that? So although the absorbancy is good with an EP hemp, they leak anyway because the insert bunches?

I put the hemp in the middle of the PD to keep it flat!

Ahhh, maybe that is where I am going wrong! I will give that a go tomorrow as although the others are a great price, if I could avoid buying even more inserts then that would be good! Although I have a huge list of nappies etc to sell tomorrow when I have finished making my list so hopefully I can raise some funds! Saving for some more UDNN though! And more dye on ebay!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Tell me about it, I have inserts and boosters coming out of my ears from trying to decide what works, of and for as her wetting has changed too!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

We seem to have wet and dry days and it doesn't seem to be linking in with how much she drinks. At night she always wees a lot which is why we have struggled to find a good night nappy but during the day, some days she hardly wees but others she can be quite heavy.

2 parters defiantly seem more reliable BUT she is the hardest baby I have ever known to change a nappy! I work in childcare so have changed hundreds of babies and I have known wriggly ones but this is the worst I have known! It is not too bad if there are 2 people, but when I am on my own it is hard work and thats where pocket nappies win! I prestuff in advance so its just like changing a disposable.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 pm

2 parters defiantly seem more reliable BUT she is the hardest baby I have ever known to change a nappy! I work in childcare so have changed hundreds of babies and I have known wriggly ones but this is the worst I have known! It is not too bad if there are 2 people, but when I am on my own it is hard work and thats where pocket nappies win! I prestuff in advance so its just like changing a disposable.

:hohoho: this sounds familiar! I think LOs act up the worst for their own mothers! It is a power struggle!
My DD usually runs around home with a pocket nappy or cover + prefold (also 1 piece to put on) and no pants these days. I change her chasing her around the house. If we have to put pants, socks and shoes on to go out it takes ages.

How old is your LO? I have found now that my DD is a toddler (15 mo) she can stay dry for a couple of hours then pee buckets all in one go. So I tend to "double diaper" or put in twice as much padding as I would normally if I want her to last through a second pee. Another itty bitty booster wouldn't be enough to hold that second bucket-ful.
Don't know how that relates to your situation, just thought it might be useful if you think of the padding in terms of how many pees. Not really your question though :oops:

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies