Did an order from the US!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Did an order from the US!!

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:08 pm

Hooray, I'm so excited, I ordered a bumgenius (finally!!) and my much searched for HH Batik Turtle in large!! It was $33 so going on what someone else said (sorry knackered can't remember who it was - Joanne amybe?) that they paid $8.50 for 6 with the same site it shouldn't be over $40 which is only £20, that would have cost me £29+ with postage from the uk so I'm pretty happy! I paid them for the goods as it was the last HH in that design and she is emailing me the postage 'tonight' whenever that is in the US!! Just got to wait again now, story of my life with nappies lol!!! :lol:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Woohoo! hope your parcel arrives quickly!
Sure you will love the bumgenius, what colour did you go for? We've got pink obviously :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:44 pm

WELL as much as I would have loved the pink I don't think it would have gone down too well with dh (or ds in later years when he sees photos!!) so I went for 'grasshopper' (green). Hd to be that as I don't have a green nappy can you believe!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:48 pm

WOO HOOOO :D :D :D :D It arrived yesterday, how speedy was that! I paid less than she paid fro the postage as she had minused off the free us postage and she sent me a luxury wipe in some soft loopy terry, very nice!! So would recommend Abbys Lane to anyone needing stuff from the states. Love my batik turtles HH and am estatic about my Bumgenius (see seperate post) what a fab nappy!!)

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Mine haven't arrived yet :(

They'll go to England (prob London) first before coming on over here though so hopefully they'll arrive soon...

The longer it takes though the more worried I get that they're either lost in the post or customs is planning to charge me lots...

I finally packed away all my size 1 bamboozles today though so I really need them to arrive! I didn't have a dry nappy to put on Matthew this evening so he ended up in a polar bummis fleece wrap with 2 microfibre cloths and a terry booster - hope it holds up ok!
Hemp/terry stuffie dry and waiting for tonight thankfully.

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 pm

Don't you hate it when you dont' have a dry nappy in the house! I bought a 6 pack of bright bot terry squares and they have been a godsend over the winter and as I've building up my size 2 collection, seriously worth looking at for th esake of 16 quid! Boosted they even do well at night! Or maybe you could get 3 or 3 bamboo squares or something similar to have as back up!

Hope your order arrives soon, stressful waiiting isn't it!? What did you order? Did you use Abbys lane too?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:00 pm

ooh Tory you should post a pic of your much longed for Batik Turtle HH!

I havent seen that design before
BECK : )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:24 pm

Beck, its stuffed and waitng for tomorrow!!! Not sure it will fit him as I think its from 25 lbs and he is under that but I'll put it on and take a pick anyway lol!!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:09 am

Looking forward to seeing nappy pics!!!!

I bought the large heiny for Georgia and it is a little big though we get away with wearing it, it is just a bit long in the rise so I position the applix low down so it is not to big on her legs :?

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies