hf1

Has anyone tried the os fuzzi bunz???

My avatar
TheNatty
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Has anyone tried the os fuzzi bunz???

Postby TheNatty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 am

i have one

its awful

the way it adjusts it by pulling some elastic in the legs and fastening with buttons... there is no rise adjustment as such, it doesnt go terribly small.

its just doesnt work, no containment, it gaps in places.

my daughter was 20 months when we bought it, she is 2 now, still doesnt fit, and i cant get rid of it no one wants to buy it!

BGs on the other hand, a fantastic nappy :lol:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Natty, really? They don't sound too great! That has made me feel better as it was bugging me that I didn't have one to try! :giggle: (it's SOON from MN incase you didn't recognise me - completley different username!).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:10 pm

flutterby wrote:Oh BGs on the other hand I can REALLY reccomend, they are fantastic and a beautiful fit from birth, she still has her ankle tag on here so she must be less than 3 days old!

I wonder if the elastic has gone slightly on mine... What were they stuffed with? I tried ours on Grace and got HUGE leg gape... :?

My avatar
TheNatty
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby TheNatty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:29 pm

lol! hello there soon

you are more then welcome to buy mine off me. its apple green. with inserts.

:wink:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Velvetsteph wrote: I wonder if the elastic has gone slightly on mine... What were they stuffed with? I tried ours on Grace and got HUGE leg gape... :?

The elastic has definitely gone on most of my v2 BGs - I plan to replace it all. We get huge leg gape with them, but the one v3 I have fits Evie really well and has done since she was tiny.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I wonder if the elastic has gone slightly on mine... What were they stuffed with? I tried ours on Grace and got HUGE leg gape... :?

They were brand new so obviously the elastic was fine, then it would have been stuffed with just the BG MF insert, or a fuzzi insert, but it wasn't long till I started using the BG insert and an EP hemp, she was still under 9lb I would think! I think the elastic may have gone a little now, as she still wears them as tight as she did when she was NB :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:23 pm

yes i have a fuzzi os- i am not 100% sure about it :-? :-? actually it is a great fit on sam now and i love fuzzis -and the mo mediums just fit and larges are far to big so the os is a better fit, but i seem to have it on a quite small setting and sam is big for his age and porky :oops: :oops: so not sure what it would be like on a nb, also i am not sure about only 1 row of poppers i feel a loose poop could come through the upper part of the leg hole :evil: so far we haven't put it to that test yet :hohoho: :hohoho:

having said all that i have reached for it most mornings as it is a good fit and trim....and if it passess the poop test i will probably buy a couple more :-? :-? :-?

sarahx

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi,
I have been testing the one size fuzzi bunz and just thought I would share with you my review on them.
I haver two children a littel Boy whos 6 months and a littel girl whos nearly two. I have tested looaaadsss of cloth nappys and am totaly addicted and love getting my hands on new ones.
I will try and post a pic later of all my nappy together :D

Fuzzi Bunz Day1:

Couldn't wait to use it so didn't bother pre washing it. A little filldey to set up for the first time but then realised that the elastic to change the size is numbered. Worked out you can either adjust the top or bottom, button to change the rise but I think its better (def easier) just to change the top buttons.
Once the sizing is sorted it looks nice and snug. We have decided to use it on Aaron first so we had to put in the smallest settings, this meant we had loads of excess elastic loose, I sort of folled it over and slipped it back in to the top pocket.
I was a bit concerned if the inner button would rup against his skin making in un-comfy but you can sort of tuck them away under the fleece.

3-4 hours later, (one very smelly filled nappy)

Clothes are dry, Aaron had a nice sleep so obviously comfy and happy, no leaks, I did notice it seemed to rub slightly leaving a mark at the top of his waist around the back. This looks like its caused by the way the fleece is stitched to the pul at each end of the pocket,also a button here inside the nappy to shorten the part around the waist. Although its set on the biggest settings I don't think their will be much reason to adjust this part. Next time I will not close the poppers around his waist to tight to see if this makes a difference.

So I would rate it:

fitting: 4/5
ease of use 3/5
Absorbency etc 5/5

We have used it on Aaron for a week or so and as in my last comments quite liked the fit (for a one size) and best of all worked great no problems.
We have now been using on Aleysha for a few times and.....

fitting - perhaps not the best one size for older children the actual cut of the nappy i.e the part between the legs is not the most generous. This didn't mean any big problems like no leaks or anything but you sort of feel you have to keep checking just in case.
If we were going out, or using it for night time its also def better to use the insert AND an extra insert or the other booster that comes with it. This is just because the insert that comes in the nappy doesn't quite fill out the whole nappy when its on a bigger setting.

Overall though we were quite impressed with this nappy it does seem a bit off putting at first with the elastic adjustments but overall it works very well.

total score 8-10

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for the review - I wonder if you could do a review for the review section?

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies