hf1

Green kids inserts

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Green kids inserts

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 am

I have a preloved GK anytimes witha hemp insert. Have had leaks each time iwth the insert so have been using other inserts in the pocket. But I decided I would give the insert another go as we get on quite well with hemp in general. Within 10 mins I had a wet leg where DD wee'd! I thought it was maybe because we didn't top the hemp but the insert is actually soaked - apart from the very back?

Don't reallly know what is wrong - surely hemp shouldn't be that rubbish? And GK seem to get good feedback in general. She is a bit of a heavy wetter - but hasn't even had a drink this morning, just the milk on her cereal as she didn't want her bottle. Thinking about selling it but then if it is a dodgy insert then don't want to rip somebody off? Might have just been a super wee I guess? She hadn't done as much wee in her night nappy as she usually does.

It is a double insert thing - like 2 inserts that are sewn together at one end?

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Green kids inserts

Postby pookie3101 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:45 am

I have Greenkids Bamboo & love them. Not got the hemp onesJust thinking aloud here

I'm assuming as it was preloved that it had all ready had loads of washes, so up to absorbancy, so can't be that.

It may have build up so absorbancy reduced. Could try stipping.

Is insert soaked when you take nappy off. If it's not really wet then suggests a problem with fit of nappy rather than insert. If insert soaked through then either need more boosting or insert needs stipping. It could also be a power wee as hemp is slow to absorb so might need something on top to deal with initial wee . sometimes wrapping in m/f cloth is enough or adding some cotton terry (a flannel). might be worth a try before selling.

Stupid question, but is it laying flat & not bunched up.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm

What do I do to strip it? I have never had that problem with anything before?

Yes it was lying flat
Yes it was soaked all the way though - which is why I couldn't work it out! Surely if it was an absorbancy issue - there would be dry patches?
Will give it a go with something on top next time - but it isn't the most slim fitting insert as it is!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 am

not very helpful I know but we could never get away with just a hemp or bamboo insert we always needed extras

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 am

We could never get away with using hemp as the main insert, I tended to put microfibre or bamboo on top and used the hemp more as a backup as it takes so long to absorb. If you dont want to add extra bulk to the nappy, I would split the hemp into 2 (the 2 parts are just stitched together) and add a microfibre or bamboo insert to the top of one piece of hemp in your nappies.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:20 pm

The other hemp we use are the easy peasy hemp inserts and get on well with these (with bamboo) - does anybody know how one of the greenkids parts (if I take the stitching out) would compare to an EP hemp?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies