hf1

Soy french terry inserts

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Soy french terry inserts

Postby littlehayley » Fri May 01, 2009 7:53 am

Has anyone used soy inserts for their pocket nappies?

just looking on the upsy daisy website and noticed the soy inserts. I've currently got loads of hemp, loads of microfibre and a few bamboo boosters. I've been thinking of getting a few bamboo inserts because I don't like the bulkiness of the MF. Now i've seen the soy, I'm wondering whether to get this instead as I've heard it's quicker drying than bamboo. I was just wondering whether a layer of hemp, with soy on top would work well? Does soy absorb quickly or is it like hemp, in that it needs something else on top?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything obvious when I did a search :)

Hayley

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Soy french terry inserts

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 01, 2009 8:42 am

I have an UD nn and it is fine, I now add a bit of hemp to ours overnight for an extra boost and it works well.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 01, 2009 8:59 am

No idea but I've just ordered one to try out. I don't think soy french terry takes as long to dry as bamboo from what I've heard though.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri May 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi ya. I would think they would be very good. I have the UDNN in french soy and I love it. We have tried alsorts of NN and didn't find anything else I liked or that lasted the night. It does dry qickly and is quick to absorb, unlike hemp.

I can't tell you about daytime, as we haven't invested in any yet, but will do when we can afford it.

As a comparison though, if this help anybody - at night, if we use an UDNN we have the trifold soy insert and the pop in night booster. If we use our WNNN (I don't have the original insert) we have to use 3 EP hemp inserts and the double PD bamboo insert to get the same sort of absorbancy. The UDNN is about half the size of the WNNN once fully stuffed and both are soaked by morning. We might have to add a layer to both soon as she is very very wet by morning but that is the same no matter what we use.

I am def going to try it out in the daytime soon though - I LOVE the soy material though. It is so soft, even in really hard water and very absorbant.

Any body know how long the UD offer is on?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm

JennyPenny wrote: Any body know how long the UD offer is on?

I think it's for RNW so assume it ends on Sunday.

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlehayley » Fri May 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks for the info

I think the offer is on until the 3rd. I'm tempted to order some before the offer ends, sounds as though they could be ideal as we're in a hard water area and my hemp tends to go rather stiff. My other half is not keen on fat nappies so if we can slim them down a bit he might be more keen :)

Hayley

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh dear. I went on there to order a couple of these inserts and a night booster and ended up spending £82 :oops: :roll: :shock: Hubby is going to go mad!!!!!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun May 03, 2009 11:30 pm

I find the french terry great! Its really absorbant and dries fast. I would say you can use instead of bamboo, over hemp.
I use it on its own though.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies