hf1

Getting leaks from BBOS :-(

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Getting leaks from BBOS :-(

Postby JennyPenny » Fri May 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Really annoyed because we have only just finished getting our stash of BBOS and was really looking forward to the summer when they will actually be seen! We keep getting leaks, before the inserts are soaked.

First I thought of build up problem so stripped all the inserts and pockets just in case but hasn't made a difference, and have tried using less washing powder but that just meant things weren't getting clean properly so went back up to 1 tablet of bold but with extra rinses but no luck. I don't think it is a problem with the absorbancy of the inserts as I have tested one or 2 of them and they seem fine.

BUT Elouise has had a bit of a growth spurt and I had been struggling to get them on her, they fit but I have to put effort into getting them on her - which is annoying when she is only 16 months and it says birth to potty?! Not sure if that could be to do with it?

But just now, I noticed that it wasn't fitting well on the legs which is where it was leaking, But the only way I could get it to fit properly is to take out the EP hemp insert! So wondered if I was overstuffing, causing leaks round the legs? So it now just has a BG MF insert, but this won't last long on her at all on its own so don't really know what to do? I usually use either bamboo and hemp or, if the bamboo are all wet (I have been using the bamboo on Talia so don't have enough now) then hemp and MF.

I want to get this sorted as I don't want to stop using pockets on her really as I find them very handy, especially for when somebody else is doing the changing. Before pockets, we would end up using sposies if she was being looked after by somebody else and DH doesn't like fitteds - he gets all confused with them because we have so many different types of nappy now! :oops:

Any advice? I don't really want to have to buy another set of inserts as we have just finally stocked up! We do have a few UD french soy ones on the way to us, but just 1 or 2 of each size. Might be able to get that to work though?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Getting leaks from BBOS :-(

Postby JennyPenny » Fri May 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Do you think maybe she needs shaped nappies and wraps instead?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Not sure I have any advice really, could be that they are too bulky when they are stuffed, I know we got leaks with fuzzies when they were stuffed with the mf insert then hemp or bamboo under that. If you want to keep using m/f on top of hemp you could get some m/f dishcloths, I use the tesco value ones and they are super slim. I'm sure you will get good advice from other on here, sorry I'm not much help but didn't want to read and not reply.xx

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 am

Will give it a go when we are at home and not going out, although not sure it will be enough absorbancy? When we use the PD bamboo inserts with the EP hemp, it is soaked after about 3-4 hours max?

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat May 09, 2009 2:47 pm

I had leaks with my BBOS on my 20 mth old it did not even matter if I used a different insert etc. I find the side snaps much better and they seem larger too my os did not look like it was going to go the distance at all, the os swaddlebees eco nappy was better than the BB on the leakage side.
Hope you find a solution soon
Frances

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat May 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Does anybody know the going rate to sell them preloved? :(

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies