hf1

SS v Aplix

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

SS v Aplix

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 pm

For some reason I have always been anti aplix but I am wondering if we might get a neater fit on Gracie with it, all her ss fit fine but as they say in school "could be neater" what's the general opinion on this, also do any WHAMS make pockets? xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: SS v Aplix

Postby Frances » Fri May 08, 2009 9:06 pm

I generally find that we get a better fit with our front fastening pockets rather than side fastening - this includes aplix and snaps (e.g. BBOS snaps). The side-fastening ones tend to be a bit gapey around the tum.

Re. WAHMs, this ignites the old debate - what is a WAHM?! Hilary (?) at Pocket Bots makes pockets, I think, as does Marijke (Lil' Stinkies).

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri May 08, 2009 9:20 pm

I think it depends on the make. Iris finds is really, really easy to escape from some aplix nappies (Green Kids, Funky Nappies) but not so others (BG, BBOS). I think that the larger the aplix tabs, the easier they are to get out of. :evil: Personally, I prefer SS pockets to FS (I like our FS PBPD, but love our SS ones - they're a better fit on Missy). I like our WN touchtape OS. Iris hasn't escaped from them. Yet. But that's me being super-vigilent and distracting her when she attempts to, rather than a lack of trying on her part. :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 08, 2009 9:25 pm

I hate applix. It gets stuck to everything else in the wash and Katie can undo it really easily. Not good in the summer at all when she'll be wearing pockets with T-shirts or dresses. It is a lot more adjustable than poppers though and you'd probably get a better fit with it. The only front fastening snap nappies we get on with is Itti's and WNOS, all the others don't fit well at all.

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Louise wrote:I hate applix. It gets stuck to everything else in the wash and Katie can undo it really easily. Not good in the summer at all when she'll be wearing pockets with T-shirts or dresses. It is a lot more adjustable than poppers though and you'd probably get a better fit with it. The only front fastening snap nappies we get on with is Itti's and WNOS, all the others don't fit well at all.

wss, although WNOS doesnt fit Anna very well

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 08, 2009 9:36 pm

pookie3101 wrote:
Louise wrote:I hate applix. It gets stuck to everything else in the wash and Katie can undo it really easily. Not good in the summer at all when she'll be wearing pockets with T-shirts or dresses. It is a lot more adjustable than poppers though and you'd probably get a better fit with it. The only front fastening snap nappies we get on with is Itti's and WNOS, all the others don't fit well at all.

wss, although WNOS doesnt fit Anna very well

WNOS have only just started fitting Katie well recently. For months she hadn't been able to wear them without major leg gape so I sold most of them. Of course just after that she changed shape and they fit well now. :x :roll:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 pm

arghhhh, why do I find this choosing so hard. We don't get leaks with any of Gracies nappies at all!

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 pm

i prefer ss. UD do aplix too :D

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm

I use aplix pockets all the time.
My fav are BBOS, I also have WNOS which are just as good just not got the funds yet to get more.......lol.
I find the aplix make the nappies more ajustable, but I only use aplix cause my mum can't do poppers when her hands are bad.

I found OS with poppers didn't fit quite right, like you say not neat.

hth

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies