hf1

BG - what am i doing wrong??

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: BG - what am i doing wrong??

Postby Laura2904 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Don't forget there are plenty, plenty, plenty different inserts and boosters you can try. Just remember that if you over stuff them then it may make them bulky, leaving a gap between thigh and nappy equalling leaks.
Hemp is great as it's mucho thin and very absorbant... I'm not sure what to suggest on the poop... my LO had really runny poo i was using sposies so not really sure on what advice there...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat May 23, 2009 9:27 pm

The width is fine, you may have to fold the end over a little but that's not really a problem!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 pm

flutterby wrote:The width is fine, you may have to fold the end over a little but that's not really a problem!

The size 1 inserts are a bit shorter and almost the same width IIRC :wink: I get mine from Babykind

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat May 23, 2009 9:51 pm

But aren't they the same price but less layers, I think I'd rather fold the end over a little if I'm honest!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat May 23, 2009 9:56 pm

flutterby wrote:But aren't they the same price but less layers, I think I'd rather fold the end over a little if I'm honest!

That's what I've always done but some people don't like to. Although I did buy some size 1s by mistake once. :roll:

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Wed May 27, 2009 8:30 pm

My son was a heavy wetter when young... I was changing him every hour to hour and a half!
Could be your LO is just a heavy wetter whereas some children can survive 3 hours with it semi-wet!

Be weary of putting too many inserts in as this can cause leakage around the legs which is what happens a lot in night nappies.

You could try switching to bamboo nappies and then going back to BG later? I still think 3 hours is real good going at first!

Good luck x

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Thu May 28, 2009 8:19 pm

I think Ewan is a heavy wetter - he seems to pee for England! I suspect the poo leaks are because of the wet from the wee...! He is also quite lean in the leg which makes it hard to get a firm fit without leaving elastic marks on his leg. Have got some more hemp boosters which are working OK in the BGs with the large MF insert (3 hours consistently but much longer and they wick a little on the front of the right leg, although only the front half of the hemp is wet :| ) and I'm using Tots Bots +EP hemp with a Motherease wrap overnight with no leaks at all. What Bamboo nappies would you recommend - I assume they are 2 parters?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Personally if you have a heavy wetter I would ditch the MF inserts altogether and try bamboo and hemp inserts instead. MF has a tendancy to leak when compressed if it is very wet so that could be causing the leaks. We use P'tit Dessous bamboo inserts in all our pockets with EP hemp underneath.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Thu May 28, 2009 9:17 pm

So bamboo absorbs fast enough to be the top layer then? I was persisting with the MF as I thought bamboo wouldn't soak up the wee fast enough!

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies