hf1

Bambino Mio prefolds as stuffing for pockets?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Bambino Mio prefolds as stuffing for pockets?

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 am

Hi,

I bought a set of Bambino Mio nappies/covers brand new before our baby was born. I've not got on with them at all and have been trying out 2-part shaped nappies and some pocket nappies lent to me by a friend, instead. I'm thinking I'll go with 2-parts in the main, but would like pockets for convenience when he's looked after by someone else.

So, I've got size 1 and size 2 prefold nappies and wondered if they would be good for using in pocket nappies? I've not chosen which pocket nappies I'll be using, but wondered if it was worth keeping the prefolds or if they wouldn't fit so well.

Thanks,
Kate

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bambino Mio prefolds as stuffing for pockets?

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 pm

I use mine to stuff my DS's standard minki pocket for night times ... they seem to work really well with a EP hemp insert underneath , and DS is a a heavy wetter, haven't really tried them in anything else though, think they'd poss be a bit too bulky during the day?! :idea:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 pm

i still use mine occasionally at night or if my other inserts have ran out :D they also make great cloths :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:25 pm

emmajayne33 wrote:I use mine to stuff my DS's standard minki pocket for night times ... they seem to work really well with a EP hemp insert underneath , and DS is a a heavy wetter, haven't really tried them in anything else though, think they'd poss be a bit too bulky during the day?! :idea:

WSS, I stuff my slinki minkis with prefold and EP hemp.

I used to use them during the day in BGs and other pockets, before I bought some more inserts. They work well enough, they're just very bulky.

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 pm

I wouldn't say you could use them for daytime, but definitely good for minki stuffing at night. I absolutely hated bambino mio, to the point that they put me off cloth for a few months when I tried them with Connor as back then I didn't know what else existed. But I have to say once you get past weaning and poo becomes more solid they are more reliable. Boring, but reasonably functional. I sometimes use mine as stay at home nappies, or for that annoying hour or so between tea-time poo and bathtime!

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:44 pm

I have some cotton bottom's prefolds and they make good but bulky inserts (but they are too bulky to fit in some of the slimmer pockets). Mine now mainly get used as pads on the changing mat to absorb the wee my DD always does after having her nappy taken off :giggle:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:33 pm

I use junior joy prefolds in my Minki's at night and ocassionally get away with it in a daytime pocket too...just depends if you mind the bulkiness? :giggle:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies