hf1

first pocket nappy

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

first pocket nappy

Postby beck » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:14 am

just got my first pocket nappy today (pea pods) and really dont know what to do with it!!!

First question, with the absorbant pad do you have to cover the whole pocket (fan it out towards the edges) or just leave it folded in three and lay it in the middle like one big pad.

Secondly, whats the best (most absorbant) stuffing for an over night nappy? :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi Beck, firstly the hemp needs washing loads of times before its fully absorbant (like 12!!), you can start using it after 3 washes but don't be dissapointed, it will get better!! I also find that a microfibre cloth (think you can get them from big w) or even a face cloth folded in 2 on top really helps as it absorbs more quickly than hemp, but the hemp can hold much more. I just fold mine in 3. tbh pockets arn't really the best for night Louis would never last 12 hours in one. If you have a light wetter you might be ok just boost loads, maybe a small terry plus the hemp or a 2nd hemp booster and a microfibre cloth. Its important not to put too much either as it will effect how the legs 'seal'. Its just trail and error to find what works best for your lo! Good luck and let us know how you get on. I'm pretty happy with my Pea Pods, think its good value and a nice little nappy.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies