hf1

Help with inserts and stuffing for girls.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Help with inserts and stuffing for girls.

Postby jules070603 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi All,

Imogen can now fit in many of the one size pockets we have but I'm struggling with inserts and also have had problems with stuffing for a girl.

What do people use for small settings on one size pockets and also in small pockets such as WN and fuzzis?

Any tips on stuffing (and boosting) for a girl, it seems a little different to a boy!!!

Thanks, xxx

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help with inserts and stuffing for girls.

Postby JanX » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 pm

boost to the midlle for a girl :D and the stuffing needs to reach further to the back of the nappy for a girl than it does for a boy (for Lucas for example I would stuff all the way to the front, boost at the front a little and would often have a good inch or so at the back of the pocket with no stuffing, but for the girls it needs to be more evenly stuffed and boost in the middle)

No advice re the small settings on one sizes though , sorry.. never really like one size pockets :giggle:

jan x

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:37 pm

The only onesizes I'm using at the min are WNOS and BGs - the BGs I'm just using its own insert, the WNOS I use an Ella's House hemp insert and the small bamboo booster from Baby beehinds. I just tried different combinations of boosters/inserts I already had - Evie seems to be quite a light wetter so far though.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I actually find that Lili wets much more heavily in the front, is she weird? :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:29 pm

I just had the mf inserts that came with the small fuzzis and added an ep hemp booster when using them. Otherwise we just used BGs and used their own mf insert poppered down, oh or the HH onesize which comes with it's own little insert.

TBH I have never stuffed differently for a boy or a girl, I just make sure the insert lies flat through the whole pocket and haven't had any problems, sorry.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:52 pm

I used MF cloths and EP hemps, worked well when she was smaller, not enough for her now tho so depends how much she's wetting really!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:55 pm

I always stuffed Bella's pockets evenly, with some sort microfibre insert plus an EP hemp. I would usually find the whole lot was saturated (front to back) when it came off.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:02 pm

I've found that the BBOS insert works quite well - it fits well into small and OS pockets on the smallest setting. I always make sure that the entire pocket is covered with an insert and tend to put the quicker soaking material towards the front and middle (it used to be a MG cloth/insert, it's now a bamboo booster), with hemp (it used to be a EP insert, it's now usually either Wonderfulls or Big Weeds) all the way from front to back.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm

flutterby wrote:I used MF cloths and EP hemps, worked well when she was smaller, not enough for her now tho so depends how much she's wetting really!
Soupdragon wrote:I've found that the BBOS insert works quite well - it fits well into small and OS pockets on the smallest setting. I always make sure that the entire pocket is covered with an insert and tend to put the quicker soaking material towards the front and middle

Yep what they said - MF cloths & EP hemp works well, as does the BBOS inserts... :mrgreen:
I don't really boost in one specific place at all but she tends to wee middle and front ('cos she sleeps on her front) but Isabelle was more middle and back at this age... Once they're more upright it's more middleish...

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies