I just took the plunge!

My avatar
Zingylemontart
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover
Une bonne tarte francaise

I just took the plunge!

Postby Zingylemontart » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:51 pm

:yahoo: I just placed my order for 15 BG V3 with Mothercare. Had two promotional codes, so instead of £204.99, they're costing me £163.99. After a hugely expensive mistake with Bambino Mio for DD 6 years ago, (they're still in the cupboard having been washed but I only used 3), I am under strict instructions that we WILL be using these ones. :giggle: . DH even told me I had to show him how to stuff them (he actually said "show me how to load them" :hohoho: ) and put them on.

When I have a bit of extra cash, I will be getting some of the Easy Peasy hemp boosters so that we can try cloth for night time, too. And then of course I'll need to try out a WNNN.....SOMEBODY STOP ME!

I never noticed with DD, but when I put DS into a disposable, he stinks within a very short time. :-? Plus he just looks so damn cute in his cloth. :widesmile:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: I just took the plunge!

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I use my BTP pack of prefolds for nappy off time, and in the cot under her head (she's a dribbler!!) so at least they're getting used now... :roll: You could also use them to boost the BGs altho' it'd be a little bulky...

Yay for going for it! :wine:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:03 pm

:wine: :giggle:

Echoing steph, prefold are great for stuffing at night, I use them in my minki pockets, but you could use them in your BG's too :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:05 pm

:wine: BGs are good at night. you could stuff them with the prefold at night. :D and :wine: to bargains! :giggle: at dh saying 'load' them!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm

ooh, and you might just neeeeed a WN! but be warned, its a slippery slope! :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:02 pm

:wine: Nice to have your DH behind you as well. :wink:

You're right about 'sposies, I think they smell way worse than cloth (no smell at all unless they need stripping!). Yuck.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies