hf1

Red legs with OS pockets....

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Red legs with OS pockets....

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:28 am

Hi everyone.. just a query... I have a few one size pockets etc for dylan but he seems to get red legs, and i mean the type that stay for a few hours after, from them. I have a theory that its because he is so skinny and i have to pull the waist very tight to get it tight enough that it pinches the legs too tight. Does this sound reasonable? He is 13 months, about 24lbs but only has a waist of about 15''.... Any suggestions? I am flogging some of my OS ones to buy more sized pockets and also am getting some fitteds with wool for night which hopefully will stop the problem. I also get it with my minky's, but they are a large, of which he falls well into that weight range, i just cant do the waist tight enough without cutting off the circulation to his legs! :-(

Any adivce?

Thanks

Cara & Dylan

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Red legs with OS pockets....

Postby tanya » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 am

I'm assuming you are using mostly aplix fastening pockets?

Have you tried any popper fastening ones where they have separate fastenings for the leg and waist? You can then have different settings for waist and legs and not have to pull the entire nappy so tight.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 am

I have a mixture and actuall prefer the poppers anyway, i am referring to wonderoo's and minkys mainly... Oh and greenkids... I have a medium sized fuzzi which is great, and others. Just wondering if there was anything i could do with all the one sized non leg adjustable ones to stop it... I have tried just leaving them looser on waist, which is fine as the legs are tight enoguht to keep it on and it doesnt leak, just not ideal like....

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 am

is he on the highest rise setting?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 am

yes - i tried him on the medium rise and its just a bit too small, the poppers keep popping open when i try and put it on....

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 am

my los get sore when the pul touches there skin. if its inside the nappy then its fine but if the actual pul touches them they get sore legs :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 am

clarge wrote:yes - i tried him on the medium rise and its just a bit too small, the poppers keep popping open when i try and put it on....

Ahh, I can't help then, I was thinking if you were on a lower rise, that putting it on the higher rise would make the leg holes bigger, but as it's already on the highest rise not really sure if I can offer any advice!

Hope you work it out!

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks guys - i thought about the PUL but the other nappies with PUL dont bother him at all.... IE the fuzzi so i dont think it is that.... Think I am just gonna have to try a few things and maybe sell them :-(

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I'm assuming you are using mostly aplix fastening pockets?

Have you tried any popper fastening ones where they have separate fastenings for the leg and waist? You can then have different settings for waist and legs and not have to pull the entire nappy so tight.

I have these for Blake - UD side snap fitteds, pockets and wraps, WNNNL, WN wraps and Bamboo Sandys.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies