hf1

Help - Leaking Fuzzi Bunz

My avatar
starlorna22
Clothie
Clothie

Help - Leaking Fuzzi Bunz

Postby starlorna22 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi all, I'm newish, so I might be waffling on and no-one will have any idea what I'm on about, but hopefully I'll make some sense...
I've been trying cloth on my 18 month DS for a couple of months now, and had used Fuzzi Bunz a few times and liked them. However they seem to be leaking now after about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I'll admit I don't have a clue what I'm doing when it comes to stuffing! I've just been using a Wonder Full booster/insert or whatever it is, and that's it. Do I need to be putting something else in there too? As surely it should last longer than this? He's not that much of a heavy wetter.
Also, it doesn't just leak out of the sides, it kind of comes though the actual outer. Why would it do this?
Do you think I need to strip them or something? And if so, how on earth do I do it?
I've just bought 10 of these, and so really want to get them to work. Hubby thinks this is a phase and I'll be back on disposables soon, having wasted money!

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help - Leaking Fuzzi Bunz

Postby cat27m » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:14 pm

I haven't used the Wonder Full inserts but do use Fuzzis so hope I can help!

It appears that the Wonder Full inserts are microfibre which is great at soaking up pee quickly but can act a bit like a sponge so that when it gets full it can start squeezing the liquid back out again, especially when under compression like sitting in a car seat or pushchair. To combat this you really need something under the microfibre that will soak the wetness from the microfibre and lock it away. Bamboo and hemp are perfect for this.

I tend to use a microfibre insert (mine is the one that came with my Fuzzi) with either a hemp insert from Upsy Daisy or a Weenotions hemp booster underneath. The Easy Peasy hemp boosters are also supposed to be very good. Greenkids bamboo inserts are also very reliable and I use these in a lot of my pockets. Again I put some microfibre on the top. This tends to give us about 3 hours.

Don't give up. It can be a bit of trial and error as not every nappy/insert combination suits every baby. You will find something that works for you!

Cathleen xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm going to confuse things. :D If your Wonderfulls are hemp, rather than MF, you'll need something on top of them. Hemp is slow to absorb, so you need something like bamboo or MF on top to soak up quickly.

We use Babeco bamboo boosters on top of hemp Wonderfulls. Iris can be a heavy wetter, so we also use a Easy Peasy hemp insert underneath the Wonderfulls. That combo sometimes lasts 3 hours.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:35 pm

you could also try giving the nappies a rumble in the tumble dryer to seal over any holes that might have appeared in the pul

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

From experience with the fuzzi I would try washing them on a hotter wash, to get rid of any washing residue, and food bits left behind, and then tumble them as kirsty said, also the wonderful inserts are an hour glass shape, so may not fill the whole width of the nappy around the leg as they have been washed more.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies