hf1

terries or prefolds for minki pockets?what size?

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

terries or prefolds for minki pockets?what size?

Postby samandsally » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:16 am

Hi,

Have started to use med minky standard overnight and think i prefer it to the udnn at the moment. I want to get some more stuffing for it and wonder what would be best. I think he is a heavy wetter, i put a pd insert and 3 ep hemp in last night and they were dripping this am although bum nice and dry. Seems like alot of people use bamboo terry squares, what size would be best thinking that i would like to be able to use them in the larger minkis as well when he needs them. Also have seen babeco do bamboo prefolds, has anybody tried these or would they be too bulky. Guess i am looking for the perfect combination of comfy and super absorbant!

thanks for any advice

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: terries or prefolds for minki pockets?what size?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:07 pm

50cm bamboo terries are too big for all except the most enormous nappies... :?

If you can get hold of some 30cm or 40cm ones they'd be fab size...

Bamboo prefolds would do perfectly well I'm sure!

My avatar
samandsally
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: terries or prefolds for minki pockets?what size?

Postby samandsally » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

Hi, thanks for the reply. i went ahead and ordered one 50 and one 40 cm squares from babeco[ecoearth now i think], the 50 is big but fine in a standard minky and i just fold the extra over for my boy at the front so it is quite handy!
At the same time i ordered a bamboo fleece insert which is starting to unravel at the edges even after a first prewash. I did email them loads of times but never have heard back. I really want to place another order but am reluctant now, i know it is only an insert but it looked good, lovely and soft and would have liked more. The company looks good, great products and i am sure there is a reason why there is no reply, any ideas? maybe i have the wrong email address?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies