hf1

Help - leaky Nature babies Stuffables!

My avatar
nappy nutter
Clothie
Clothie

Help - leaky Nature babies Stuffables!

Postby nappy nutter » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 pm

I have 2 V2 nature babies stuffables. I am new to all in one pocket nappies as I only used 2 piece systems on my previous child without any problems. However I find that these nappies always leak. What am I doing wrong???

I have a little boy, so he wets at the front. I have tried stuffing the liner so that it folds over at the front giving extra absorbancy, but this doesn't work. I am close to giving up on them, but that would be a shame as they look so cute - I've got a denim one and a blue ginham.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. :coffee:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help - leaky Nature babies Stuffables!

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:31 am

You probably need some extra stuffing. Most people use hemp or bamboo as these are the most absorbant materials. Also liners are not absorbant and you will need some inserts possibly with extra boosters if he is a heavy wetter.

Quite new to this myself so hopefully some one else will be able to give you some further advice. :wink:

Dont give up though! There is aways a solution. :hug:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Help - leaky Nature babies Stuffables!

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:37 am

There are 2 possible reasons that spring to mind, as pp said, it could be that there isn't enough absorbency inside - what are you stuffing them with? Perhaps you could add another insert to them to get them to last better. Is the insert soaked when they leak or just a bit damp. If the insert is just damp then it might be the fit isn't quite right - too loose or too tight? How are they around the leg holes?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies